Phorest powers over 7,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Finland and the USA. Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps. You will be a key member of a multidisciplinary team, designing and building the future of our multi-tenant SAAS platform.
At the core of our mobile stack there is React Native. We come from a strong native background and embraced React Native in early 2019 to better support the scale of the business. Today we have over 4K client-facing apps on Apple and Google stores powering the mobile experience of our Salons by letting their customers book and manage appointments (and much more) on the go.
. This way, our 19K daily active users are always presented with the best experience possible.
We also have native iOS and Android applications, called Phorest Go, that helps the salons’ staff and owners do their job daily faster and better. It is packed with heaps of essential features such as rosters, marketing tools and performance reporting.
We are looking for a passionate mobile developer with a solid iOS native background and experience with React Native development. If you have only just scratched the surface of React Native but want to learn more and ramp up quickly, this would be a perfect opportunity for you. You will, from time to time, be required to work on native codebases but, for the most part, you will be working in a React Native and TypeScript environment.
What you’ll do
- Architect / implement / recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products
- Work with our product designers and owners to turn high-level requirements into user stories and shippable features
- Quality & high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Develop automated unit and acceptance tests to ensure software meets design criteria.
- Coach and support teammates through code reviews and white boarding sessions
- Be that person who gets involved at a team level on designing and implementing solutions.
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
- Given we are a small product group, you will have freedom and control to shape our product vision without bureaucracy or politics.
What we’re looking for
- Solid native iOS experience
- React Native experience or React web experience
- Discipline and appreciation of working with TDD / CI processes.
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a scrum environment.
- Proficiency in object-oriented software design
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Ability to work within teams using Source Control Management tools, like git. Working with pull requests, hot fixes and various branching strategies.
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Someone who never stops learning, pursues the latest technologies, seeks for best solutions and is always looking to improve.
- Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
- As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
- We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
- We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
- We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer business casual.
- We understand work/life balance is so important. We offer flexibility around working in the office or remotely. If you do want to join us in our office, we have an excellent city centre location which you can easily get to from all parts of the city
Want to learn more about Phorest and our interview process? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest. We have also created an Interview README with an overview of how the process works for development candidates.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!