Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
You may also check out our LinkedIn page: [...] This position will be based in our newly setup Shanghai Technology Center.
Afterpay is looking for Android Engineers at our Shanghai Technology Center, to work on our consumer mobile applications. This is an exciting opportunity to build our mobile apps and make a direct, tangible impact on our product to help with Afterpay’s growth and success.
• Build, test, and deploy features on our Android mobile applications
• Measure and optimize the performance of our Android mobile applications
• Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences.
• Bachelors or Masters in CS, or relevant experience
• 2+ years of professional Android development experience
• Command over one of the following programming languages: Kotlin, Java
• Experience with leveraging 3rd party tools and services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, performance monitoring, etc
• Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
• Deep understanding of RESTful API and application design
• Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills and fluent English
• Understanding of backend development is a bonus.