About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Building efficient, reusable well-designed and high-quality front-end systems. User-centered agile product development.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Continuously identify and evaluate new technologies that helps in building better products
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience in building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- Familiarity with core concepts of JAVA. Usage of source version control software (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Software testing know-how, including black-box and white-box testing methodologies and both functional and non-functional testing
- Test driven development experience
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Aptitude to learn the business domain of the application systems to be developed
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stake holders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.