Hockeystick believes that innovation is the engine of the world. And we want to be the fuel that runs it. We gather and match together companies at all stages with investors and services that allow them flourish. Our exclusive network of relationships leverages machine learning and human insight to bring partners together for their mutual success. Hockeystick knows innovation and how to get it funded.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic individual that knows technology stacks and wants to have a real impact on the quality of product deliverables, client satisfaction and overall development velocity. You work well in a distributed team, give and take suggestions easily, want to constantly learn new skills and have fun while doing it.
We embrace the following technologies and if you're familiar with at least half of them, we'd love to chat with you!
- Ruby on Rails for authentication, payment, and subscription management
- Python for data analysis, cleaning, processing, and machine learning
- GraphQL and Relay for our API
- React, styled-components, and Next.js for our front-end applications
- Elixir, Erlang, GO, Java or C# for backend business logic, SQL and graph-based persistance engines
- REST and Micro-services based architectures
What You Will Do
- Design, code, maintain and extend new and existing functionality within the Hockeystick products
- Be accountable for engineering excellence in yourself and the rest of the team through code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentorship
- Challenge yourself to seek value creation by having good judgement about needs versus wants
- Feel like you can and must flex your business and product understanding to advance the innovation in our product
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Offer technical support where needed
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a software development team
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, AWS Neptune, CosmosDB and Mongo.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming languages (Java, C#, GOlang, Erlang)
- Experience with methodologies and tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
Beyond the familiar and generous benefits (medical, dental, eyewear), we offer a fun, fast-paced environment, where individual contributions are celebrated and corporate successes are shared. Your personal growth is important to us, and our career development program will make it happen: an annual learning budget, one-on-one coaching, skills development workshops, and more. We also enjoy:
- An open concept office with free coffee, arcade, wellness room, and more
- Weekly catered lunches and regular team outings
- A convenient location minutes away from Union Station
- Being a part of the OneEleven community which offers meetups, workshops, conferences, weekly yoga, a big Tech Summer Social, and much more.
Join the people making innovation happen. Today.
A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE COMPANY
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Hockeystick is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.