Golang Software Engineer (webdev) (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Golang Software Engineer for our ProductData team.
ProductData team is responsible for services and applications which are used to manage and present our whole product assortment to our end users. This means that these are tier 1, business-critical services/applications, that see some significant load and must be handled with extreme care.
This position is full-time and is officially based in our great office in Berlin. During the pandemic times we, of course, offer full home-office working mode. This is the main working mode for our IT department since the beginning of the year.
At home24 we are strong believers in DevOps culture and "you build it - you run it" is one of our main principles. By "you" we mean "team", so no worries, you will not be left alone.
• Development: develop software according to department/common standards
• Architect: define and implement scalable, resilient, and maintainable solutions on application/service level
• Operate: run and own systems, define operational KPIs and alerts, act on them
• Improve: identify possible improvement, help in assembling of technical backlog
• Learn: be able and willing to learn new stuff
• 3+ years working in the web dev industry
• 2+ years of working experience with Golang
• Willing to learn at least one more programming language (did someone say TypeScript?)
• Experience working on a cloud-based infrastructure; preferably AWS
• Experience working with Docker
• Understanding the tooling requirements of a continuous delivery approach
• Fast learner and passion for emerging technologies. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of rapidly evolving technologies
• Working PHP knowledge is a huge plus (we have some important legacy applications that we gradually migrate to the newer stack)
Here is ~80% complete list of the team's tech stack.
Don't worry if you don't know some of them. You will have a chance to learn and immediately apply your knowledge.
• An environment where your ideas do matter
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud platform solutions like AWS
• Training/educational budget
• An environment which is not afraid of new technologies
• Work with a highly skilled and motivated team of professional colleagues to constantly deliver solutions that solve real-world problems
• Benefits as employee discount, team events, free fruit, drinks, German language classes, BVG Ticket Discount and more!
We are home24, a leading home & living e-commerce platform in continental Europe and Brazil. In 2018, we became a publicly listed company in Germany. Over 1,000 Homies work together towards a common goal: to create happy homes for everyone and every budget.
With an assortment of over 100,000 pieces of furniture and accessories from more than 500 suppliers, we offer the perfect addition to any living space combined with the comfort of being able to shop from anywhere.
We are pioneers in our market who seamlessly combine technology and creativity. We utilize data to provide personalized recommendations, tips and inspiration for every home.
At home24, we strive to deliver a superior assortment of products and the best service. To do this, we are open for fresh ideas, 100% motivation, and dedication to our company mission. We always have a space at our table for service-minded individuals who are passionate about digitization and modern living.
If you want to become part of a thrilling success story – we are looking forward to your application. Please send us your CV, cover letter and all relevant documents together with your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date via Softgarden.
Your home is surely filled with furniture of varying materials and styles. The same is true for home24 as an employer. We celebrate the diversity of the people who work with us. Be who you are and feel welcome to #makeyourselfathome24
You can find all job offers on our career site!
home24 SE | Greifswalder Straße 212-213 | 10405 Berlin | Contact: Joao Mingote