ProfitWell is the leader in subscription monetization and retention. We help companies, from scrappy startups to brand-name enterprises, get the most out of their subscription offerings.
It's not just about pushing code. It's about pushing high-quality code that sets the product apart and defines the ethos of the experience of the product. You'd rather take an extra 30 minutes to work out a better process than simply wait for all of the bugs to appear. Of course, there are times bugs teach you an even better way of solving the problem and the way forward is simply relentless execution. No problem shouldn't be considered and your teammates enjoy working through them with you. It's not personal, it's all about creating the very best product possible.
If this is you, come join the team at ProfitWell as an Engineer where you'll have a chance to get your hands dirty and learn from others who share your passion for building amazing products. For the past seven years, ProfitWell has been helping companies make more money and learn more about their customers through pricing and value monitoring. We do that by collecting, reviewing, and communicating not just data, but actionable insights. We believe that taking a bunch of data and translating it into a bunch of graphs doesn’t really solve the problem. We also believe that focus on one industry helps us win in helping customers and growing our business. We want to solve for these failings of the Business Intelligence industry, empowering everyone to get the most out of subscription.
Our engineering team is small but deadly, and we are excited to add a few highly talented members to the group.
At ProfitWell, you’ll learn more than you ever thought imaginable amongst a team that’s incredibly focused on their mission to help subscription companies grow through pricing, analytics, and retention tools.
Some of the technologies we play with are Python, Django, Typescript, React, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redshift, and more.
Why our culture is unique
Working at ProfitWell will feel different than what you’re used to, because we’re creating a culture that we believe high performers want to work within and thrive. This culture has tradeoffs you should be aware of though:
• We deeply care about finding truth, giving feedback, and exploring ideas in an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and no one is inherently correct because of a title. This often leads to discussions and debates where the emphasis isn’t on decorum, which we’ve come to learn isn’t an environment where everyone thrives.
• We feel building phenomenal products is an imperative, not an aim. The tradeoff is we can come across too intense.
• We give the entire team full context on the business, considerable freedom, and a vast playground to take ownership. If you are not hyper conscientious and pretty resourceful, you are unlikely to thrive in this environment.
• We are intensely open minded and not easily offended. The tradeoff is that we risk unintentionally, easily offending others.
• We try exceptionally hard to give people the most charitable interpretation in their views and opinions. Sometimes this means we’re just plain naive and need to be educated. We crave this education and guidance on where we’re lacking.
In this environment, you’re going to have days that are difficult, but most days will be exciting. We know we’re not for everyone and that’s ok.