SHOPLINE is a DIY e-commerce platform that empowers merchants in Asia to launch their own standalone online store. Our differentiation lies in our simplistic setup process, native language support, regional payment methods and the fact that the entire experience is optimised for mobile. All shops are completely responsive and adapts to all screen sizes so the customer experience is consistent on every device. Our goal is to empower small businesses in Asia with simple-to-use tools that complements the way they do business and allowing them to succeed in e-commerce. The long term vision is to build a complete social e-commerce platform that drives value to both merchants and consumers.
What you'll be doing
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining high quality, scalable applications.
- This includes writing well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code.
- Devise new, innovative ways of development for both web and mobile platforms
- This role goes beyond just coding. You will be making an immediate impact on the design, development and overall direction of our products.
- We’ll leverage you to explore emerging technologies and techniques to make recommendations on how we could use them to advance goals.
- Able to work at least 3 full days a week.
- Commitment to at least 6 months.
- Willingness to take ownership of task and features assigned.
- Able to figure out what should be done and get it done. (this requires thoughtfulness with a bias towards taking action and assuming responsibility)
- Experience with object-oriented programming and MVC Frameworks.
- Experience working with databases.
- Great oral and written communication skills in both of the above languages.
Good to haves
- Experience working for a fast-paced startup
- Knowledge on building or maintaining e-commerce platforms
Technologies you will work with
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Services
Why you should join us?
- Our team is smart, friendly, self-driven, and passionate about the work we do.
- We work in a collaborative open space where we encourage creativity and ideas flow freely.
- You’ll be able to steer the future roadmap to improve our products, big or small, and see the results of your products reach our customers.
- Get to work with flexible working hours. Our priority is on getting the job done.
- Flat structure environment, you will be able to work independently and make your own choices.
- We provide guidance and mentorship to polish your technical skills as well as your entrepreneurship mindset.
- Ability to deploy and launch your work daily. No need to wait for lengthy management approval.
- We are one of the standout tech startups in Hong Kong, targeting a huge opportunity in Asia.
- SHOPLINE is a part of the 500 Startups Accelerator and Incubated by Hong Kong Cyberport, giving us a massive network of advisors and resources globally.