DXC Technology is looking for a Software Engineerto join our Application Services organization which realizes, modernizes and transforms mission-critical systems, integrating new digital solutions, working on innovation platforms and extensive partners to produce better business outcomes for clients.
- Designs, develops, executes unit tests in order to implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions.
- Interacts with Clients and project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Lead a small team, provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers, by working with them in designing solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Nice to have: Experience and knowledge of Digital Development Services, Agile Application Development, DevOps, Cloud based applications and Microservices architecture and patterns.
- Technical experience writing code using languages:
- Java EE
- Spring Framework
- Single Page Application frameworks
- Design pattern and architecture design
- Database SQL and NoSQL
- Software development processes (Agile, Waterfall, DevOps)
- Ability to work with web-development tools for new applications.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies.
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
The Ideal profile has strong analytics skills, problem solving, focus on results, decision making skills and ability to work in teams.