We are looking for seasoned developer, responsible for designing, coding and modifying our applications logic in a Domain Specific Language (DSL) and integrate it with the application components within our product landscape.
Your primary focus will be building, maintaining and enhancing the Wolters Kluwer’s next-generation application offerings for our new risk software product line. This application platform leverages grid computing and the latest technologies to process over 500 million financial contracts in the time frame of minutes.
You will be engaging with our development teams consisting out of an ideal mix of in-depth functional and technical experts. Expect a setting where Agile/SCRUM is the prevailing software development methodology with a high focus on technical expertise, communication and team dynamic.
With this new unified platform, we will be targeting our worldwide customer base which consists predominantly out of finance and banking institutions.
- Develop high quality, high performance software applications using the domain specific language and Java
- Analyse product requirements and design solutions according to company standards and techniques
- Contribute to estimating development efforts
- Design and implement integration with other application stacks within our eco system
- Define test scenarios, implement automated test cases, perform non-regression analysis, analyse test results to validate new functionalities in close collaboration with the other team members
- Participate actively to product documentation
- Contribute to maintain the application architecture consistency as well as development tools and methodology
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Support remote consultants implementing our product at the client site
Qualifications and Skill Set
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Good knowledge and experience with Java or another OOP
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Previous encounters with a DSL language are considered a plus
- Knowledge of Subversion, Jira, Confluence, TeamCity or similar
- Experience in agile/SCRUM environment
- Eagerness to learn new things, and divert from common paths
- Interest in risk management, reporting and banking in general
- Fluency in English, written and oral
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, methodical and organised
- Self-learner, independent, assertive
- Good team player
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines
- Room for personal development through external and internal training tools
- Training according to the needs of the job
- Interesting career opportunities
- Competitive salary with extra-legal advantages like meal vouchers,company car and company group insurance