Qualified candidate will provide unified production management support for the critical Infrastructure of the firm, using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business. You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the Production Management. Working with a well-defined continuous delivery process and a reasonably instrumented production environment, the successful candidate will be able to maintain SLOs and SLIs with an eye toward continuous improvement and an evolution of exponential scale. You will also adopt various tools developed by Engineering teams to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production environment and help with the automated health restoration measures, with a continuous focus on risk and cost.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Responsible for day to day production management and administration of cloud services
• Respond to system alerts or escalated support requests from various Business Units
• Successfully handle operations, monitoring, alerting, and security concerns
• Improve Infrastructure stability and performance by analyzing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, advise and collaborate with product owners on permanent fixes
• Manage incidents by effectively troubleshooting issues, knowing the risks involved in preforming actions in a production environment
• Collaborate globally with in the team, application owners, senior stakeholders and peers in devising and deploying solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong understanding of Unix server infrastructure, Unix/Linux-based operating system, commands and utilities, as well as Configuration Management Tools
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Expertise in one or many of the following cloud and virtualization products: VMware, KVM, XenServer, AWS, CloudStack
• Proficient with configuring and supporting DNS/Bind, Samba, TCP/IP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, DHCP, FTP/TFTP.
• Problem solving in a large enterprise Infrastructure support environment, including experience with observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas for resolution
• Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with application development teams and senior stakeholders
• Experience in the Financial Services Industry
• Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
• Cloud Certification
• Degree in Computer Science
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.