Software Engineer –Java Developer– Global Real Estate Technology
As a Software Engineer, design, analyze, develop, code, debug, and document applications to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects. You must be comfortable communicating with both business and technologists of varying levels in different locations and time zones. You must be able to work independently, enjoy a fast-paced environment, have exceptionally good verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with all levels of management. The ideal candidate is a motivated and “eager to learn” technologist, who will not only deliver on his/hers tasks, but will also strive to understand and move forward the overall Global Real State (GRE) technology agenda.
You will work with other GRE Software Engineers to execute appropriate IT business strategies. You will be part of a team to enhance, deploy, maintain, and support an application portfolio consisting of a combination of in-house developed apps, and vendor hosted solutions.
1) Participate in design discussions with team, technical and functional stakeholders to analyze the requirements and to provide innovative solutions.
2) Translate business requirements into viable technical architectures and designs.
3) Understand the current applications and technical architecture and improvise them as needed.
4) Stay abreast of new technologies, methods to optimize development process and latest SDKs, testing tools etc
5) Have a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and the ability to implement software following the structured approach.
6) Collaborate with developers, architects, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing new and future updates to native applications and Hybrid if needed.
7) Exposure to client server architecture, cloud is must.
8) Deep understanding of multi-tiered architectures, clean coding, best patterns for effective coding/testing and a sound understanding of version control.
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
· Expertise in Java application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
· 6+ years of hands-on Java application development experience and micro-service deployment to cloud
· Experience in developing web/component/service based applications is required
· Technical development expertise in web-based applications and UI development tools such as REACT JS, backend environments (i.e. Unix, Windows) and data stores (SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL)
· Proficiency in writing unit tests and using testing frameworks such as Cucumber/Selenium is preferred and load testing tools such Load Runner
· Experience with version control practices, procedures and tools such as Subversion or Bitbucket
· Experience in Agile Systems Development methodologies including Scrum and tools such as Jira
· Experience working with globally dispersed development teams
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast moving environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the team
· Mobile application development or integration experience is a plus
· Exposure to Cloud, Docker, Jenkins is big plus.
· Inclination to learn and work in Big data, Sparks and AWS