As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees' diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f/d)
- Involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including the testing, analysis and maintenance of the software system.
- Participate in the SW deployment process ensuring qualified Software Products are successfully installed at out customers
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues for computer-based systems of company’s test tools and existing equipment in the field.
- Test, troubleshoot and propagate errors clearly to SW and HW Development Engineers based in Villach
- Advise customers, internal staff as well as manufacturing on all machine characteristics that affect software systems.
- Willingness to travel to support special project teams or customer equipment/requirement is expected.
- Technical Education in SW and HW
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, and ability to work in a team
- Willingness for further personal and professional development
- Knowledge of operating system principles and basic hardware capabilities
- Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions
- Basic knowledge of the current technological trends in the software development industry, such as object-oriented
- Has a good understanding of software testing (Functional, Non Functional, Unit, Integration, Performance,…) and development processes and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Rapid)
- Has basic knowledge of computer languages (e.g.: C, C++, C# etc.)
- Knowledge of measurement and controlling systems and understanding of use cases and visual modelling is a plus
- Field Support knowledge and troubleshooting experience with semiconductor equipment, electronic hardware, PC-based computing environment and development tools
- Experience in automated test environment (machine learning, AI)
This position is subject to the Austrian Collective Bargaining Agreement for employees in the Metal Technology Industries in occupation group E. The minimum annual salary for the position (m/f/d) is 37.555,56 EUR gross based on a full-time employment. A higher payment is negotiable depending on expertise and skills.
Villach - a great place to live and work
Follow the link www.welcome2villach.at and you will find on the spot the most important information about living, working and studying in and around Villach/Austria.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.