Cloud Solution Architect, Enterprise Service Management
Workflow Design Studio
Location: London, Dublin or Amsterdam
This position reports to: Director, Workflow Design Studio
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Cloud Platform Solution Architect that is a customer facing domain expert, drives innovative business solutions with our customers, and applies technical and business consultation skills. This role is well versed in architecting and developing custom solutions on the Now Platform as well as working with developers to create and present solutions to customers. The Solution Architect delivers strategic visions to executive personas at clients on the value of ServiceNow solutions as well. The candidate must be able to articulate the business value of solutions in front of both technical and non-technical customers.
You will partner with the sales, solution consulting workflow teams, and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The role requires in depth knowledge of prototyping and platform capabilities, as well as the ability to identify the requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes for specific customers. The Platform Architect will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
The Solution Architect will provide technical and business expertise to support the Employee Workflows solution specialist teams and customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. This role serves as a cross workflow consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of solution development on the Servicenow Platform
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes for clients
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with a cross-functional digital consulting team in a pre-sales environment
- Document and present technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
- Provide mentoring to solution consulting peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Contribute to and help maintain internal forums and asset libraries to enable innovation at scale
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Presenting at executive briefings and marketing events
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
- Establish a standard/re-useable customer-facing presentation that can help scale our ServiceNow unique differentiators at the platform as well as Employee Workflows-specific level.
- Provide subject matter expertise and perspective on unique differentiators and be able to convey enterprise architecture knowledge/experience regarding how ServiceNow can best interoperates and co-exist with other major enterprise systems of record and platforms.
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- Demonstrable experience and success as a senior solution architect
- 3+ years of experience architecting and delivering complex solutions across all workflows
- Proven experience of architecting Servicenow platform solutions
- Subject matter expertise within the Employee workflows areas of specialization
- Experience facilitating client-facing workshops to successfully progress initiatives into the next phase of their lifecycle
- Ability to work within, and lead, a multi-discipline team focused on delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Ability to quickly understand new technology through instruction and self-training
- Strong people development skills, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles
- Executive level presence and experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English