Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. We work to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions and supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology.
Our innovative IT services organisation is HPE Pointnext. HPE Pointnext has the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
Pointnext currently have an opening for a Data Centre Solution Architect. This is a technical and sales focused role that is responsible for developing solution designs, transformation, migration strategies and ongoing operational management and support solutions.
The ideal individual will have deep technical expertise on Compute technologies (preferably HPE) such as Synergy, ProLiant, and Apollo, plus Operating System (Windows / Linux) and Virtualisation (VMWare / Containers).
This is a strategic role, requiring in-depth knowledge of how technology can help customers achieve their business outcomes. You will be able to stand up, present to technical and business audiences, and whiteboard complex solution and transformation concepts. This role requires demonstrated hands on experience with HPE or industry Data Centre Technologies and transformation/migration methodologies.
- Represent HPE as a technical expert with customers and establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention, growth and position HPE as the preferred vendor for meeting business needs
- Identify related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion); gather and assess customer needs, both business and technical
- Create Proof of Concepts, Statements of Work and complex Work Breakdown Structures
- Contribute to RFPs
- Solution planning and design
- Prepare project plans and schedules
- Deliver customer workshops as appropriate for further understanding of issues and buy-in
Required Skills & Experience: -
- Proven PreSales or Consultative selling experience preferred
- Demonstrated hands on experience with Data Centre Technologies including Server, Storage, and Network technologies, including virtualization, automation, management and migration tools and solutions
- Proven experience in Data Centre transformation methodologies, including design, build, workload profiling and migration to help customers accelerate and de-risk the transformation approach
- Results-oriented, capable of generating excitement in the data centre area, capable of carrying/translating value proposition to clients
- Ability to apply deep understanding of technical innovations and trends to solve customer business problems
- Experience with creating specific solutions, and crafting Statements of Work, with detailed Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Cost and Commercial modelling, and project GANTT charts
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence
- Able to demonstrate the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission & rapport and influencing
- Exposure with Private and Public Cloud technologies highly regarded
At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, attractive benefits and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive, work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status