What will you gain working at WABCO
You will work in an open and transparent corporate culture where leadership, relations and respect are important values. Our employees are passionate about their job and are all convinced that team spirit is at the heart of our success.
In this stimulating, fast-growing and challenging environment, we offer you very competitive compensation and benefits, including:
Responsibilities and Requirements of the role:
- Group insurance plan
- Medical insurance with ambulant care for you and your family
- Meal Vouchers
- Company Car (incl. Fuel Card)
- Flexible working time with home office possibilities
In order to strengthen the Engineering team in Ypres,we are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect.
What we offer our customers:
Our offering consists of fleet management systems (FMS) and services for the management of trucks, drivers, trailers and cargo. This fleet management solution consists of hardware and various software applications (mobile apps, back-end and hosted solutions). Recently we chose the path of full digitization by offering additional (digital) services, such as Big Data and IoT services. As the European market leader, we constantly innovate to provide the state-of-the-art solutions to our customers.
What is your role?
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will take the lead on designing, planning the future cloud architecture with as major keywords: IoT, high flexible and infinitely scalable solution, geo-distribution and customer centricity. The Solution Architect is a master in transforming business ideas into a cloud solution architecture and is closely involved in all stages (planning, designing, maintaining, deploying). The Solution Architect will closely work with the agile product teams and will, in this role, also be in close contact with the Product Development team.
The Solution Architect will also work closely with Business Line Managers and Product Owners to understand their needs and build the most optimal solution for WABCO’s customers. The Cloud Solution Architect plays an active role in defining and refining the (enterprise) architecture standards together with the architect community and the technical leads. When needed, (s)he will develop small proof of concepts, where needed.
- Accountable for cloud solution architecture and design during the full life cycle of the solutions.
- Actively participate and assist the Product Manager / Product Owners to define the vision & roadmap.
- Actively participate and assist Product Development teams.
- Continuous improvement of solutions and architecture standards and guidelines.
- Develop proof of concepts to prove new techniques.
- Ensure quality, security and legal guidelines of the robust and high sustainable code.
Skills & Experience
- Computer Science master’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of software development working in an agile environment
- 5+ years of architecture experience
- Follow agile development methodologies & lean principles to create world-class software
- Must have a passion for technology with a good understanding of AWS cloud hosting technologies
- Must have a passion for optimizing business solutions to deliver optimal customer-centric solutions
- Require a strong analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Quick learner with an open mindset
- Expert knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture, especially AWS Serverless and Container technology
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices
- Expert knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
- Previous experience in working with GIT
- Strong knowledge of OOA, OOD principles and multi-threading
- Experience with common design patterns, messaging patterns and distributed systems
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of deployment and monitoring frameworks
- Strong knowledge of developing, scaling and deploying large-scale systems with advanced understanding of system performance and tuning
- Comfortable with conducting and accepting feedback from code reviews
- Exposure to AI and machine learning
- Knowledge of HTML5, ES5 / ES6 / CSS3 / SCSS / SASS