Tanzu Data Solution Architect
Ready to build?
VMware Tanzu is seeking a Software Engineer to join the VMware Tanzu Pivotal Labs ANZ team.
Who is VMware Tanzu?
VMware’s exciting new Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run, and manage their most important applications.
Why we love what we do (and so could you).
Tanzu people are part of a culture built for learning and collaboration with “Be kind” as a core tenant everyday. We strongly advocate for diversity and practice flexible working to ensure our team members work productively while balancing life and family needs. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly driven, organised and customer-focused sales support professional. This role is viewed as a true value-add partner and provides a potential career path to an inside-sales or outbound account management role.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for implementing a wide range of products, technologies, and solutions for our clients. These range from Development to Data Systems Implementations and third-party platform integration. We are looking strong candidates that possess a combination of broad knowledge of the types of technologies provided by Vmware Tanzu and the ability to go deep/hands-on to implement them for our clients.
The Senior Consultant takes the lead in process design/redesign, solution design, application design and planning, system upgrades and migrations, acceptance testing, performance and scale testing and development. This role may engage independently with the client to provide technical advice and oversight or may participate on the project team as a senior technical lead.
· Designs the solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical design and implementation design documents and works with the project management to ensure all project requirements are met. Advises on tactical performance and tuning of the VMware Tanzu technologies
· Assists in pre-sales activities
· Troubleshoots application problems
· Provides project team leadership
· Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
· Hands on experience in implementing large and fast data platforms.
· Ability to deliver onsite proof of concepts for distributed databases, EDW and data lake .
· Thorough understanding of big data, EDW with direct experience in one or more of the following technology: Hadoop, Oracle, Teradata, Greenplum, PostgreSQL.
· Excellent written and oral communications
· Proven consultative and client relationships skills and experience
· Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular
· Extensive knowledge of BI/DW/Data solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses
· Experience working in Professional Services / Consulting on high impact, data oriented projects with smaller, independent project teams
· Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS
· Experience in designing and deploying enterprise data warehouse solutions; familiarity with data modelling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
· ETL/ELT experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Kafka, Nifi.
· Familiarity with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C
· Familiarity with Opensource and its ecosystem
· Behavioural competencies:
· Presents themselves well in customer settings
· Operates with a sense of urgency
· Upholds honesty and integrity
· Positive, winning attitude
· Passion for continual learning
· Excellent track record of customer responsiveness
· Deep technical knowledge of distributed databases and related technologies such as Greenplum, Teradata, Hadoop or experience with other MPP platforms.
· Experience with BI Reporting and Analytical Tools such as MSTR, Tableau, Business Objects, SAS etc.
· X86 System or VMware or Virtualization technology experience
· Deep technical knowledge of PostgreSQL
· BSc/BTech in a technical discipline (or a BA followed by at least 7 years of technical experience)
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in Consulting/Professional Service
· 50% Travel within your assigned territory is required.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-01