Rackspace is looking for Solutions Architects across a range of levels from different backgrounds and with various skills and expertise. Understanding that there are many paths to acquiring the skills needed to be a successful Solutions Architect, we are seeking new Rackers who can demonstrate the below skills or those who are keen to gain them:
Knowledge, Experience, and Expertise
· Pre-sales experience, combining customer facing, commercial and technical capabilities
· Experience working with Private Cloud platforms based on VMware, Microsoft, or OpenStack technology in either a pre-sales or delivery role with an interest in technical pre-sales will be a plus.
· Strong understanding of the infrastructure stack; Servers, Network, Storage. Associated certifications will be a plus
· Presenting to a variety of audiences through use of various mediums such as whiteboarding, phone / video conference, stage, etc.
· Good customer orientation, objection handling, creativity and consultative selling skills
· Good business acumen – Who can translate customer technical requirements to viable business outcomes
· You have experiences with leading customer engagements exploring the requirements and mapping solutions
· Broad technical background and experience in a variety of technologies and services
· Foundational knowledge in AWS, Azure, or the Google cloud platforms. Certification in at least one public cloud beneficial
· You have a good understanding of modern application landscapes and their dependencies on the infrastructure platform
· Overall, 5-8 years of IT experience with good Infrastructure solutions, customer facing and presales/delivery background
Good to have
· Comfortable engaging at all levels of a customer’s business, from working with senior/C-level leadership to guiding IT-specialists and developers on building solutions
· You have experience with developing winning themes and then writing technical responses to bids (RFP’s & RFI’s)
· Exposure or understanding of DevOps or Big Data experience is not required but would be advantageous
· Attended Trade Shows, User Group Meetings or Conferences, either physically or virtually and presented a customer success story or product/service use case.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.