As a Client Digital Solutions Architect within VMware Professional Services, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and Sales teams to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage VMware technology.
As a CDSA, you will enjoy one of the most impactful positions within VMware Professional Services. This exciting strategic role combines the competencies of strategy consulting, executive engagement, deal structuring and leading projects.
In addition to senior interaction with customers, the CSA will be a sought-after subject matter expert by VMware sales teams for their technical leadership.
You are someone who intimately understands Enterprise IT and have a strong background in concepts such as compute, network and storage virtualisation. More importantly you understand how leveraging cloud computing leads to higher level business outcomes such as cost improved agility and cost reductions through the use of automation, continuous delivery and consolidation. You will also have the opportunity to help customers with Application Modernization moving application workloads to container platforms such as Kubernetes.
The Client Solutions Architect is a leadership position requiring excellent interpersonal/listening skills, complex problem solving, big picture thinking and solution articulation. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for proposing a solution to realize the vision.
Teamwork is critically important to success in the role, as is creating and leveraging a strong network amongst your peers and internal/external teams. You should be ready to take ownership of initiatives and programs to aid in the delivery of customer solutions. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of technical skills, business acumen, and a strong desire to support the customer.
The successful applicant will likely have extensive domain experience in:
- Architecting Infrastructure solutions (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- Architecting and deploying Cloud /Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers (Automation and Orchestration, Cloud Methodologies, Cloud Native Apps and DevOps)
- A passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Presenting complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences demonstrating measurable business value
- Play a leading role in the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Effectively communicate a proposed solutions architecture to the customer to meet the identified business/technical objectives
- Provide architecture oversight for select engagements as they enter the delivery phase to support future PSO opportunities
- Clearly translate the joint VMware/Customer journey into a series of work packages and commercial proposals to help them meet their business objectives
- Cultivate strong working relationships with internal VMware sales representatives
- Develop Vision Strategy and Roadmap deliverables to meet technical requirements, thinking beyond products to create solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- Obtain continuous feedback from the field, including customers, bringing IP back to corporate teams and making recommendations on future service offerings as well as provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
Education and Experience
- 5 years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 10+ Years’ experience in a technical capacity in either Infrastructure, Development, Desktop, or Systems Management
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development and experience in a consulting or professional services environment
- Experience as a Client Solutions Architect in a consulting environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
- Strong understanding of application software development for one or more of the Linux, UNIX (e.g. Solaris), Windows operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- Industry leading technical certifications (VCP, VCDX, CCIE or MCA are highly desirable)
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Certifications in technologies related to Infrastructure, Development, Desktop and/or Systems Management as well as TOGAF or equivalent architecture certifications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Is personable, well-presented, has excellent communications/interpersonal skills and demonstrates ownership and responsibility for what has been committed
- Is able to communicate effectively within all levels within VMware and customer organisations (e.g. Technology individual to CIO’s) and vary the message and content based on audience
- Has a strong business and financial acumen
- Has the ability to travel (nationally & internationally) when required
- Can ensure a work life balance is achieved
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-06-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at [...] Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.