Do you think big about how cloud-native workloads can enable businesses to innovate faster? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to challenge your abilities to scale organizational growth while helping customers and partners use cloud services to build new solutions faster, and at lower cost?
As a Hybrid / Edge Specialist Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to work directly with product and engineering teams, AWS customers, and partners looking to integrate with their products and service offerings. You will focus on product suites that includes a) AWS Outposts, b) VMware Cloud on AWS, c) AWS storage technologies (File/Block/Object), and d) Hybrid IT/OT Networks (eg. AWS Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Client & Site-to-Site, AWS Direct Connect, Amazon VPC, AWS Transit Gateway, AWS PrivateLink, and etc).
This is a customer-facing position where you will introduce new features and products in order to help colleagues and customers embrace technological advancement. Therefore, we would love to see someone who has demonstrated thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the current state of your customer's technology, considering the value that new technologies can create for your customers, and helping to change how these products are viewed and accepted.
It's a great opportunity for someone who enjoys interpersonal communication as you will be heavily interacting and partnering with other teams across AWS including security & compliance, development teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services.
The ideal candidate will be …
· Hands-on experiences: 10+ years experience with global enterprise networking operations, data center management and VMware, you could be a great fit for this role.
· Business continuity plan (BCP) experiences: Overall business continuity plan including strategies, implementation, game days, and total cost estimation. Can explain well on the differences between Business continuity plan (BCP), High Availability (HA), Backup & Restore, Disaster Recovery (DR), Archive.
· Be an Architect: Ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of our hybrid / edge specialized services. Guide and motivate the development of artifacts, data sheets, proof of concept best practices, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
· Trusted advisor to customers: Be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects. Be able to materialize an overall recommendation (or proposal) based on customer needs and efficiently communication – formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Vertical knowledge on industries and have related experiences (eg. manufacturing, semi-conductor, retails, over-the-top media, and telecom); able to articulate end-to-end information flow of these focused vertical.
· Have a business consultant capacity to work with customer’s line-of-business owner; explore improvement areas of customer’s business; and priorities’ strong ROI business initiatives with customers.
Role and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with AWS field sales to support customers with their hybrid cloud workload challenges including networking, storage, computing, and security.
· Ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of AWS hybrid / edge specialized services
· Architect large scale applications with AWS hybrid /edge solutions for simplicity, massive traffics, resiliency and maintainability
· Share best-practice knowledge among the solutions engineering and AWS solutions architect communities
· Guide and motivate the development of artifacts, data sheets, proof of concept best practices, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Work as one-team between customers, service engineering teams, sales and support engineers
· Coach and enable customers and partners to be self-sufficient