Intelligent Cloud is one of the key missions at Microsoft to make our vision real, to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Azure is the most innovative Cloud platform today and we are Hiring a Data & Analytics Solution Architect for our Microsoft Technology Center in Munich.
The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross workload technologies. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
On a weekly basis, the role of the MTC Architect will plan and facilitate customer Strategy Briefings, Architecture Design Sessions and Proof of Concepts (POCs) in our MTC, helping enterprise customers articulate and resolve the most challenging business requirements. This role will propose and validate solution architectures, transferring strategic knowledge through interactive whiteboard sessions and hands-on solution delivery. We expect a Technical Leader, that is self-responsible for staying at the edge of our Technology and deliver compelling talks and demos that drive sales scenarios.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives.
Inspire CxO and Enterprise Architect level on what they could achieve by using the right set of innovative technology
- Bring to bear the resources of the MTC to engage customers and CxOs early in the project life-cycle to envision how Microsoft Data & AI technologies enable compelling business solutions.
- Demonstrate internally and externally how MS technology innovations are applicable within your market and your customers market in order to showcase our business value.
- Explain abstract technical concepts of the platform in a business value context.
- Conceptual design and scope strategy briefings within the Data & AI field to inspire our customers with a vision about their possibillities with our Data & AI Platform
Influence strategic deals through the delivery of high-impact MTC experiences
- Guide our customers in their high priority initiatives, leveraging the Data and AI Ecosystem to solve the biggest and most complex challenges faced by Microsoft’s enterprise customers.
- Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft’s Azure data and analytics services can do and how to enable and manage them for the largest enterprise customers, including technologies like Azure Synapse, Azure Data Bricks, SQL Database, CosmosDB, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, HDInsight, Machine Learning Services, Azure Data Factory, Cognitive Services and Bot Framework.
- Help address outstanding technical issues and to drive the customer’s solution and the sales opportunity toward a successful conclusion.
- Influence technical decision within opportunities to accelerate the win of complex solutions on our Platform integrated in the environment of the customer
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with virtual account team members and other MTCs, serving as the technology subject-matter expert (SME) within these teams and assigned geography.
- Ability to inspire customers by communicating complex concepts in a simple, business valued context with proven white boarding capabilities.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships and working with senior executives in highly strategic accounts .
- At least 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles required (managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, cloud architectures, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep understanding in database technologies, including rationale, NoSQL, data warehousing. (Knowledge in Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Explorer is a big plus)
- Knowledge of Azure Machine Learning, AI Frameworks and technologies like TensorFlow, Python, Spark, R Sklearn, Git, etc as well as conversational AI frameworks
- Understanding of Machine Learning and ML model operation and lifecycle
- Valued: Understanding of Lambda and Kampa architectures including real time and streaming approaches.
- Valued: Experience in SQL DB, DB Lift & Shift to public cloud, designing hybrid cloud solutions and cloud migrations
- Understanding of big data use-cases, data lake and design patterns
- Ability to work independently and in an ambiguous environment. Having fun trying new things and being at the edge of our innovation
- Prior work experience in a DBA/Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Palantir, Google, IBM, Oracle, Snowflake, Databricks, SAP, Teradata, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, Cognizant
Fluency in German is essential for this role
Candidates need to be able to travel 3-4 days to Munich. Our Technology Center is based in Munich and you will be based mostly from there.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.