Would you like to lead a team focused on enabling outcomes for Australias leading Software and SaaS providers? Would you like to build a business focused on helping hyper-growth technology companies innovate and grow? Do you have the business savvy and the technical pre-sales background necessary to help establish AWS as the primary technology platform provider for Independant Software Vendors in Australia?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a technical leader with proven experience in strategic thought leadership and detailed execution to develop and grow teams of customer obsessed technical professionals who partner with ISV customers to advise, mentor, and on-board production workloads to the cloud. As a member of the ANZ Solution Architect Leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support all types of workloads for startups across Australia & New Zealand.
You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solution architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Australia & New Zealand sales leadership, you will drive customer outcomes, innovation, and service growth across a broad set of customers. You will also lead a group of solution architects that focus on the key influence groups that work with startups and that invest in them, such as VC funds and incubators and accelerators.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our ISV customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction with technical founders, CXOs and entrepreneurs looking to build their business on AWS. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Architect Leaders from internal and external sources.
· Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
· Educate existing and prospect ISV customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices to influence early stage startups.
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
· 10+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
· 5+ years leading senior technical staff in demanding customer contexts
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
· Working knowledge of cutting-edge software development tools and methodologies.
· Experience working with startups, software businesses and technical founders and entrepreneurs.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills. High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.