As Senior Client Solutions Architect you work for the global VMware Professional Services (PS) Organization and drives and influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PS team is dedicated to the success of our customers and their digital strategies. The PS team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing and delivering against their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution that meets their defined business outcomes.
As a PS Senior Client Solutions Architect (CSA), you will be responsible for the PS design and scoping of services of complex transformational solutions for our customers.
The role will require you to understand the products, frameworks, and design patterns used for VMware solutions. You will be asked to contribute to these frameworks, develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor internal & external stakeholders on the use of the tools. You will be working as part of a team with similar charters. To effectively build solutions to solve for complex business problems it will be important to build a strong network among your peers and internal & external teams. You should be ready to take ownership of the pre-sales initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of our solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of Technical Skills, Business Acumen, and a strong bias for customer centricity. The ideal candidate will need to be able to understand the customers vision and to be able to translate this to desired business outcomes and the IT solutions which underpin them. You will be acting as a lead technologist and should have a broad understanding of VMware and related technologies. The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding in one or more of the following Franchises:
• Application Modernization
• Digital Workspace
• Virtual Cloud Networking
• Intrinsic Security
VMware PS is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions.
We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other and with our customers. We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification for VMware technical skills and potentially non-VMware specific but associated certifications and soft skills via our ‘Take1’ initiatives.
• Working in partnership with the core sales, services sales and delivery teams you will lead the pre-sales engagement with customers to understand desired customer outcomes, technical objectives, and services requirements
• Design high level solutions to meet the business outcomes and IT objectives
• Development of Vision for the Solution, Strategy and Services Roadmaps
• Ability to think past individual products and create end to end solutions to meet the business outcomes
• Effectively communicate the proposed services architecture to the customer, partners and project teams to demonstrate its tangible value
• Ensure that proposals, services solution designs and Statements Of Work are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business outcomes
• Assist with the completion and response of customer issues RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s September 2020 15
• Ownership of the technical components of the Statement Of Work including pre-requisites, responsibilities, technical scaling factors, out of scope items etc.
• Accurately define role-based Level Of Effort required to deliver the solution in line with VMware best practice and support guidelines
• Facilitate accurate, timely and efficient handover of projects from the sales phase to delivery
• Author blogs, technical articles and white papers based on experiences
• Speak at events such as VMworld, Sales Kick-Offs, Technical Summits etc.
• Provide lessons learned feedback to Services Sales, Delivery Management and Engineering based on customer feedback
• Creates artefacts and manages collaboration with PS Engineering
• Adhere to VMware PS sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits
• Mastery of necessary tooling including PS Solution Builder
• Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
• Support Field enablement of Client Solution Executives (PS Client Sales Execs), CSAs, inside Client Sales Execs and iCSAs based on domain expertise • Mentoring of peers and more junior CSAs as appropriate
• Lead internal enablement and community discussions around emerging technologies
• Obtain continuous feedback from the field, including customers, bringing IP back to corporate teams and making recommendations on future service offerings
• Working with PS Client Sales Execs help to scrub franchise specific forecasts to provide the best possible view for the business
• Confidently gather use case requirements and solution designs while functioning as an advocate for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
• Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong governance
• Maintain up to date high-level technical knowledge of the VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of your specialist domains.
Global Account Management specifics:
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-22