Are you ready to make the leap into the cloud era of IT? Do you enjoy thinking about the future of technology and want to help drive innovation? VMware is at the forefront of taking customers on their IT digital transformation journey. As the market leader, we aim to deliver on the benefits of innovation, closely coupled with agility by transforming IT as we know it today.
We excel at giving our customers the opportunity to experience the advantages of digital disruption in their industry. This is achieved by using VMware's Software Defined approach to IT.
Working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and other internal teams our Solution Engineers (SE’s) are a critical component to our customer’s journey towards the digital foundation. Partnering with business leaders, our team takes a consultative approach to business problems, and formulate strategic plans offering groundbreaking experiences. We achieve this through the key business outcomes of, Modernising the Datacenter, Integrating Public Clouds, Empowering Digital Workforces, and Transforming Security.
VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, focus on inclusion, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Solution Engineering engages within a designated territory (Commercial Business) by developing and building strategic relationships across customers and the partner ecosystem. This is accomplished by the creation of detailed solution designs, structured customer technology roadmaps, and by becoming the trusted advisor to the business. With a proficiency in VMware solutions and integrated technologies the Solutions Engineer orchestrates the right people internally, and externally. We develop and present a way forward for businesses with a primary focus on digital disruption and innovation. You will do so by engaging with partners, domain experts, and key customer contacts.
Presenting at conferences, becoming a leader with a vision, and supporting the local technical community, are all facets that encompass the role's strength of bringing value back to the customer.
Being a part of the VMware Solutions Engineering Community will encourage and motivate you to continually gain skills from multiple sources. Support groups, peers, and formal learning programs will allow you to continually advance your capability both technically, and across the industry.
· You will be responsible for building the technical aspect of VMware’s core solution portfolio throughout the sales process as well as feel at home in a highly performing, autonomous environment.
· You will engage with and assist the sales force with opportunity and solution creation. You will do this by understanding customer business drivers and marrying these up to technology solution sets. This will be key in securing a technology roadmap for clients for years to come.
· Working closely with your sales counterparts, you will aim to yield maximum product and services revenue while maximising customer value. Ensuring superior customer satisfaction is vital to your success in the role.
· You will enjoy the transference of industry-specific technical, and product knowledge to customers, partners, and communities.
· Maintaining a deep understanding of competition and industry verticals is essential. You will become adept in the areas of technology, applications, architectures, sales, and strategies.
· You will be comfortable presenting VMware’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
· Understand competitive landscape within your assigned territory.
· We live our lives by VMware's EPIC2 values. As such, you will focus on Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community as the core upon which you do business.
· We offer the opportunity for all our staff to amplify their contribution to philanthropic organisations through time and contribution.
Education and Experience:
· University Degree: Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or Information Technology, are desirable. Advanced industry certifications in Virtualisation, Storage, Networking, Applications are preferred.
· A minimum of 3 - 5 years related IT experience with a history in connecting with customers at the management, senior management, or C-level.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills.
· Throughout your career you have gathered significant industry knowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or infrastructure security, but what really sets you apart is your expertise in enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity.
· Technical hands-on experience with a focus on cloud solutions such as VMware's vRealize Suite, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or IBM Cloud, is a definite advantage, but not essential.
· Technical hands-on experience with Linux, storage, networking, and systems management is beneficial.
· A high-energy, self-motivated person who enjoys building relationships with customers and partners, and who has a natural sense of curiosity when it comes to technology is preferred.
· Strong self-starter with a proven record of accomplishment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
· Strong team ethics, willing to share effort and responsibility and support fellow team members
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-19