- Work in one of Queensland's most stunning locations
- Highly competitive remuneration
- 5 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hospital or private practice settings
- Long standing reputable medical imaging provider
- Inhouse CPD Training and up- skill support
- 30-minute average scanning times
- Fulltime or Part time
- Preparing exam rooms and ultrasound equipment to conduct examinations in accordance with safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the examination.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
- Use proper patient positioning equipment and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results and provide preliminary report of sonography examinations for the interpreting physician.
- Identify and document any limitations to the sonography examination.
- Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and prepare the preliminary findings.
- Except as authorised by written facility policies and procedures, refer specific diagnostic, treatment or prognosis questions to the appropriate physician or healthcare professional.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Graduate Diploma or Masters of Medical Sonography and ASAR
- Have demonstrable experience as a Sonographer including the ability to perform high quality medicine imaging examinations within a clinical setting
- Clinical, practical and interpretive skills to obtain high quality ultrasound images
- Observe, analyse, provide diagnostic and recording skills
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills
- Be committed to your own professional development, including embracing ongoing learning as part of professional development and assist others as required
- Good interpersonal skills in order to show patients care, compassion and empathy
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please continue with your application