Approximately 5,500 employees from all backgrounds embody the Muscogee County School District. We offer opportunities for everyone including support personnel, teachers, leaders, tradespeople and much more.
This posting is to recruit for existing vacancies and/or positions that become available at our various schools for the 2021-2022 school year.
Join the Muscogee County School District in “Creating We” in an environment that values the unique experiences and perspectives each of us bring to our community.
Teacher, Behavior Support Program
Teacher Salary Schedule
To Be Determined
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY.....CURRENT MCSD TEACHERS WILL NEED TO APPLY TO THE TRANSFER APPLICATION"
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Develops special education students’ success in academics, interpersonal skills, adaptive, vocational and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities and outcomes; addressing students’ specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. The position is designed to provide IEP driven services to students to ensure the education of students with cognitive and adaptive needs.
1. Educational Level:
Bachelor Degree in job related field
Valid Georgia Teacher certification or eligibility for GA certification in Special Education General Curriculum. Core academic content area certification required. Must be able to complete training and implement safe restraint techniques.
4. Physical Activities:
Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Written and oral communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management
- Adapts classroom work to provide students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans that reflect accommodations, modification and IEP driven attributes.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete timely and accurate documents to include progress monitoring data, functional behavioral assessments, behavior intervention plans, and individualized education plans.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, IEP goal progress monitoring, etc).
- Acts as Case Manager for an assigned group of students to track, schedule and ensure completion of relevant paperwork, supporting and meeting student needs and conducting IEP meetings for legal compliance and student growth.
- Assesses crisis situations and defuses situations using conflict resolution and crisis management techniques to include Mindset restraining as needed to ensure a safe environment for students and staff.
- Understands and implements IDEA driven compliance timelines.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, pedagogical knowledge and the needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
- Instructs students through the use of a variety of teaching strategies, differentiation, and application of unique learning and behavioral practices.
- Intervenes in emergency situations involving aggressive or uncontrolled behavior of students to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of inclusive programming and instruction in the regular education setting and direct instruction in the pull out setting.
- Delivers student instruction in modalities instituted by school and assigned program (may include but are not limited to: Individual or group Direct Synchronous Instruction, Learning Support, Life Skills Support, Itinerant Support, Resource Room Support, co-teaching, writing lesson plans, telephone conferencing and instruction, Parent Learning Opportunities).
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the Georgia Alternative Assessment.
- Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations; follows professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Provides instruction that is appropriate; communicates responsibly with all individuals and groups; assumes a fair share of outside-the-classroom school responsibilities; maintains plans according to policies and/or directives; promotes the responsible use of materials and equipment; submits accurate paperwork on schedule; prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality; directs the conduct of students in accordance with policies at all times; takes all reasonable measures to protect students’ health and safety.
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Meets certification and accreditation standards.
- Seeks to improve through professional development and evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
The Muscogee County School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you need more information; please visit: [...]