DuPont Transportation & Industrial (T&I) is an industry leader providing high-performance solutions to engineers and designers in the transportation, electronics and medical markets to enable material systems solutions.
The business offers a broad high-performance material solutions portfolio for automotive light-weighting, increased fuel efficiency, auto electrification, mobility, healthcare, electronics and industrials.
T&I is seeking an Application Development Specialist (m/f/d) to be based in Switzerland or Germany.
• Identify and commercialize growth opportunities for our Performance Materials portfolio in the Industrial and Consumer markets
• Lead the application development process; collaborate with Marketing, Product, Technical and Sales teams as necessary to drive new growth opportunities and extensions to successful commercialization
• Enter and maintain opportunities in SFDC through commercialization
• Ensure adequate hand-off to the relevant account manager or channel partner when commercial sales are established
• Work with Marketing team
o To understand value chains and market dynamics
o To build understanding of value proposition and benchmarking vs competitive alternatives (in-kind & not in-kind) for selected applications
o Look for expansion of the performance polymers use into new application areas as determined by the Marketing plans
• This role includes up to 50 % of travel
• Bachelor’s or Master engineering degree
• Solid technical background on engineering polymers
• Experience in engineering polymers within a context of business/technology/application is preferred
• Experience in promoting/selling engineering polymers, through account management or channel management is a plus
• Good communication and people skill in a complex environment
• Strong project management Skills
• Team player with independent working capability
• Up-to-date knowledge in information technology and computer skills
• Good discipline with sense of urgency to meet commitments
• Self-motivated and result oriented
• Profficiency in English (other Eropean languages are a plus)
• Valid driving license