At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
Visy Glass has a wealth of experience in crafting pure, sustainable and iconic glass packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages and dedicated to exceed our customers' expectations and fuel consumers' desire for glass.
Reporting to the Production Support Manager at our Plant in Brisbane, as a Forming Specialist you will be responsible for managing all glass forming operations in order to improve production outputs as well as achieve quality requirement.
You will be responsible for analysing glass forming faults to determine the root cause and implement corrective actions either through advice to Batch & Furnace department or through direct intervention on IS machine settings. Additionally, you will review machine and line performances (defects and downtime) and implement changes to improve operating efficiency and ensure that all supporting departments are notified promptly whenever required.
Whilst predominantly a day based role, there may be requirements to work other hours as necessary to support operations and you will have a very close working relationship with colleagues across Batch and Furnace, forehearth, IS repair, Mould shop, job change teams.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Monitor, analyse and identify daily low forming performance and provide root cause analysis for defects or downtime. Determine and implement effective remedial strategies to improve and stabilize forming performance.
· Ensure the manufacturing fundamentals in the area of Forming and Forehearth are implemented at the highest possible level to achieve the best possible result for the plant.
· Liaise and actively work with Job Change Management and employees to develop and improve the efficiency of the hot end job change process.
· Look after Forehearth operations (temperature, combustion system, combustion gas-air ratio etc.) to meet the desire glass conditioning and gob optical for forming.
· Building strong relationships with key stakeholders as well as providing coaching, mentoring and training to operational personnel.
What you will bring to the team:
To be successful in this role you will have relevant engineering qualifications along with extensive forming experience in large-scale glass container manufacturing plants.
You will be an expert in glass forming, feeder forming, IS machine operation and a strong understanding of Comsoc and Emhart timing systems is essential.
You are a strong team player, an excellent communicator, good at problem solving and keen to drive continuous improvement. Most importantly, you will hold the safety of yourself and your colleagues above all else.
If this sounds like the role that fits your background, kindly apply with an up-to-date CV or for more information contact Shavonne Li on +61 466 023 698 for a chat.
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy! #LI-DNI
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.