DuPont Transportation and Industrial (T&I) is an industry leader providing high-performance solutions to engineers and designers in the transportation, electronics and medical markets to enable material systems solutions.
The business offers a broad high-performance material solutions portfolio for automotive light-weighting, increased fuel efficiency, auto electrification, mobility, healthcare, electronics and industrials.
T&I is seeking an Application Business Development Specialist for Specialty Masterbaches (SiMB) F/M/D based in Switzerland, France or Germany.
Specialty Masterbatches encompass a wide range of silicone based additives and masterbatches to enhance the properties and processability of popular thermoplastic resins.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES :
• Identify and commercialize SiMB growth opportunities, with initial priority in the targeted applications (Wire & Cable, Packaging BOPP, Polyethylene blown film, Anti-squeak PC/ABS , anti-scratch PP).
• Enter and maintain opportunities in Salesforce.com through commercialization.
• Lead the application development process. Collaborate with Marketing , product, technology and commercial team (Technical Support & Development, Sales, Channel Partners) as necessary to drive new growth opportunities and extensions to successful commercialization.
• Ensure adequate hand-off to the relevant account manager or channel partner when commercial sales are established.
• Work with Marketing team to understand value chains and market dynamics :
- To build understanding of value proposition and benchmarking vs competitive alternatives (IK & NIK) for selected applications.
- Look for expansion of SiMB use into new application areas as determined by the Marketing plans.
•Bachelor’s or Master degree or equivalent experience
•Technical background on polymer formulation, PC, ABS, PP compounds, BOPP /PE blown film-extrusion or W&C compounds would be preferred
•Experience in silicone business / technology / application is preferred
•Experience in promoting / selling additives is preferred.
•Experience in account management and channel management is preferred
•Strong project management Skills
•Good communication and people skill in a complex environment
•A team player with independent working capability
•Up-to-date knowledge in information technology and computer skill
•Good discipline with sense of urgency to meet commitments.
•Self-motivated and result oriented.
•Fluent in English and in a second European language is a plus.
Location : ideally based in Meyrin (Switzerland, France and Germany can also be locations).
This role includes 30-50% travel