Not the job you're looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
Komatsu’s Autonomous Haulage Systems (AHS) Department is the leader in supporting AHS autonomous trucks operating in Australia. Our AHS technology has delivered proven benefits in safety, productivity, system flexibility in an array of mining environments. In particular, AHS trucks are significantly safer than conventional mining operations.
New and challenging opportunities have arisen for3x AHS Site Specialists (skilled HD Diesel Fitter, Auto Electrician or HV Electrician) to join the team committed to accelerating the support to autonomous trucks on mine sites.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, RTIO Operations West Pilbara you will provide a high level of interactive support for AHS software systems. This role is FIFO from Perth WA to West Angelas Mine site in the Pilbara region on a 2/1 roster (1week day shift / 1-week night shift / 1 week off).
Experience in the following fields is Desirable:
· Wireless Network Hardware Installation
· Wireless Network Configuration and troubleshooting
· Wireless Communication systems
This position will address customer requirements in a timely manner as a single point of contact for all things related to AHS on site. This includes troubleshooting and diagnosing AHS Hardware on AHS Trucks, AT Ready Trucks and EMV fitted vehicles, 1st Tier triage of AHS Software, Hardware calibrations, commissioning support, providing system operational advice, and serving as a contact point for Dispatch®-related issues when interfaced with AHS Technology.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
· Relevant Trade Certificate - Mechanical (HD Fitter) or Electrical (Auto or HV)
· Four (4) years’ mining experience, sound knowledge of Komatsu mining machinery and maintenance, particularly 830E and/or 930E trucks, with excellent hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting skills
· Highly developed computer and software application skills, basic understanding of radio communications / field hardware, as well as the ability to understand schematic diagrams / fault analysis
· Project Management and/or Quality Maintenance Control Systems experience
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong internal and customer relationships
· Exceptional personal and professional standards of behaviour and ethics
· Keen to learn, able to undertaking training and required, with a willingness for improvement
· Able to remain calm under pressure
· Highly safety focussed at all times and take a personal responsibility for the safety of others
· Ability to work as part of a team to achieve outcomes and work with minimal supervision
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.