Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
As a M365 Devices Specialist Global Blackbelt (GBB) you will be a senior sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers and be a reference for other Surface Sellers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and first party hardware targets in your assigned accounts. You will help customers evaluate their hardware needs, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to and drive customer satisfaction.
The M365 Devices Specialist Global Black Belt’s main goal is to lead the acquisition of new customers across Surface, Hub, MTR (Microsoft Teams Room) devices and MMR ( Manged Meeting Room). They lead the in the key strategic accounts for Microsoft involving large and complex deal structures. You will work in a team, comprised of other specialist solution sellers and product specialists across all aspects of the Microsoft devices portfolio covering Surface and Teams and as well as our intelligent cloud and intelligent edge technologies. The M365 Devices Specialist role is a sales leader with deeper understanding and extended experience in industry, geographical and other customer environments which lead to longer sales cycles or have complex and detailed requirements to deliver a solution. The role provides ongoing and extensive coaching to translate these selling skills and experience to the broader Microsoft field and thus allow mainstreaming and growth of the Surface business.
As a M365 Devices Specialist Global Black Belt, you will:
Be the leading Surface, Hub, MTR and MMR sales expert in your assigned territory:
- Drive selling in complex opportunities by engaging with key business and technical contacts, understanding customers’ business and technology priorities, governance, decision and budget processes, and landing the value proposition of the Surface portfolio. This involves extensive knowledge and experience of hardware framework agreements, certification processes and all aspects of procurement processes in various target industries.
- Drive mega deals for Surface. Hub, MTR and MMR solutions in alignment with Modern Workplace Sales Managers within assigned territory by setting and achieving monthly sales forecasts.
- Work across segments and industries for all types of assigned accounts within your territory to grow the overall Surface business at its most complex and highest length of sale, consistently bringing insights and learnings back to the broader sales organization and your v-teams to mature the business.
- Act as a subject matter expert in removing blockers to opportunities for the Surface and Hub portfolio, with special focus in emerging and incubation products such as MTR devices and MMR.
- Lead the business in multi-year sales cycle engagements working with a variety of stakeholders to continue to maintain an opportunity through detailed processes, reviews and assessment of value proposition towards customers. This encompasses everything from the right device portfolio selection, to supporting complex logistics requests and global procurement challenges.
- Engage confidently at CxO levels to articulate the Surface portfolio value proposition, accessories and post-sale customer care offerings
Be the connection and orchestration point in large and complex customers as well as incubation products for Surface by:
- Providing leadership and insights into best practices for large and complex customer deals and imparting knowledge and coaching on those scenarios to the broader field, including partner channel roles
- Providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements, including customer impact and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
- Earning wins for large and complex (cross-workload, cross-team, or cross-geo) solutions by challenging customers to envision their digital transformation and smooth adoption of M365 solutions.
- Actively sharing and propagating win patterns and coaches a One Microsoft attitude.
- Serving as a role model and first mover of change.
Stay sharp and share your knowledge by:
- Maintaining and expanding personal, technical, competitive, sales and deployment lifecycle readiness
- Tightly integrate with the sales community in story telling, best practices and learning from wins/losses for future growth
- Participating in internal Microsoft sales communities
- Mentoring and raising the business and technical acumen of other Sales team members and Managers.
- Landing extremely complex global and cross-domain wins in rapidly evolving markets by serving as a strategic thought leader to customers and Microsoft.
- Helping to integrate market needs into global solutions.
- Serving as a dynamic sales and technical influencer of their teams, organizations, and the community.
- Mentoring Leadership to connect them with strategic market needs and opportunities.
- Leading the improvement of Microsoft sales processes and tools that assist in the successful engagement of strategic customers and Surface, Hub and MTR, MMR portfolio penetration.
You will help customers make business decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead the overall sales team and engagement with customers to identify areas where Microsoft devices and collaboration portfolio would provide solutions to key customer scenarios. As a Global Black Belt you will focus on complex, large and incubation business for new scenarios
- You will lead to emphasize the value of Surface and Hub as a premium devices, integrated with the Modern Workplace and MTR devices land key business capabilities and increasing user productivity, creativity in a secure manner
- You will own the progression and ultimately winning of sales opportunities in specific areas around deal size and certain usage scenarios, aligned with the core Surface Solution Specialist (Surface SSP) and our Account Executives (AE), through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of sales resources, by:
- Leading a v-team of stakeholders across multiple areas within Sales, Marketing and Engineering to deliver the best value proposition and resources to a customer
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Remove deal blockers through in-depth knowledge of available pricing, funding, incentives and scenarios which enable purchasing and financial support to key opportunities
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
Technical Solution Leader
- Technicalpassion. Passion for technology and how it can enable individuals and organizations to achieve more required.
- Technicalbreadth. Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology and device management required
- Technical depth. Technical experience with Enterprise design, configuration and deployment of Microsoft Surface, knowledge of Teams required
- CloudTrust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions including Intune (or other MDM solutions) experience preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively in teams and cross teams with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- ExcellentCommunicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, written and verbal communication, and deep product demonstration skills required.
- ExecutivePresence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Experience. 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Industry Experience. 3-5 years experience in driving successful device and mobility customer engagements with a focus on hardware, mobile devices and/or devices in enterprise scenarios
- Technical Depth. 5+ years technical pre-sales experience, consultative design, implementation, and/or support of hardware, Microsoft Teams and operating systems sales
- Excellent Communicator. Detail oriented, Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills with 5+ years of success in managing complex selling processes and managing various customers’ stakeholder relationships (primary: TDM, secondary: BDM) to get consensus on solutions and projects
- Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives with ability to articulate and demonstrate the advantages of hardware and devices to senior business, technical decision makers, and front-line technologists
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Collaborative Creativity. Able to work cohesively with members of the sales & services field, partners, and corporate sales, engineering, and marketing
- Exceptional problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources when needed
- Travel required: 80%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.