About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide quality support and advice to Relationship Managers (RM’s) within all units on all documentation related matters, including the origination of documentation for customers where required
- To deliver excellent service and advice to our Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (“CCIB”) Banking and Business Banking (“BB”) clients in all interactions for their channel activation pre-transactional enquiries/setup, trainings and other channel related issues
- Perform end-to-end orchestration across all processes and services managed by IMO
- Engage clients throughout process, ensuring seamless delivery and client experience
- Own and drive execution of processes, working closely with stakeholders and the value chain to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, across both simple and complex cases.
- Adheres to first-time-right principles
- Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate. Looks at ways to promote standard work and best practices.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Regional Head of IMO
Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Regulatory Onboarding
- Perform all relevant onboarding processes
- Creation of CDD for New Clients & Review of CDD for Existing Clients and perform regulatory onboarding (e.g. FATCA, CRS) activities
- Drive GIC and network onboarding processes
- Conduct checks on CDD and incoming as well as outgoing GICs as applicable
- Respond and clear queries from Checkers / Other Specialists / Business CRM on a timely manner
- Work in partnership with all relevant stakeholders effectively within the end-to-end CDD process
- Where serving as a checker, perform checks on CDD output from Client Delivery Makers, ensuring they adhere to policies and standard work
- Escalate or enforce compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
Regulatory reporting KWG 24C
- Complete the 24C account documentation as part of client onboarding process – ensure all relevant client data points have been provided by client and are captured in the account opening documentation form while this form is required during the semi-automated process
- Ensure that 24c data is correctly captured in the respective systems that will deliver data for the strategic automated 24c reporting.
- Manage the process of reporting the relevant client data points under 24C into the German Online vendor Bankverlag
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Policies and Standards and report any suspicious activity to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality
- Ensure correctness of documentation prior to any dispensation from the Bank
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls
- Highlight significant issues/errors to team leader
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Regional IMO Head, Client Delivery Managers and other Specialists, Makers and Checkers
- IMO Enablement Managers and Specialists
- GBO Hub teams and In-country CET teams
- Account Opening Teams
- Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
- Lending Documentation Unit
- Commodities Transaction Management Unit
- Business CRM
- Business Operational Risk Manager
- Transaction Banking (Trade, Security Services, and Cash Management) Implementation Managers
- Client Documentation and Control
- Embedding Here for good and the Group’s brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Strong ability to positively influence stakeholders across value chain to both orchestrate and execute on processes and deliver exceptional client service and experience
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients
- Strong writing and presenting skills in English
- Problem solver; looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages
- Strong drive to deliver
- Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.