Claims Governance Specialist - European Economic Area (EEA)
Reporting to the Claims Governance Manager, you will ensure that relevant Claims policies as well as local regulatory requirements are adhered to within the cross border business unit. Collaborates with the central Claims Governance team and ensures that the local governance program and the corresponding control framework are robust.
- Supports the implementation of the strategy for EEA business in line with overall Ireland Claims strategy.
- Ensures the oversight of the implementation of local controls to meet the GI claims policy requirements.
- Provides the Business Unit Governance Reporting for Claims
- Ensures Governance supports the prevailing Claims strategy by adapting review methodology to deliver an assessment of the key priorities of global and Business Unit plans.
- Performs ongoing audits of the cross border claims control framework (for both internally managed claims and outsourced claims activities) to ensure this is effective and robust
- Examines cross border claims processes (both internally and externally) to ensure they are complying fully with all required regulation
- Monitors and analyses claims data for both internally managed claims and outsourced claims
- Ability to identify trends / issues and escalate and manage remedial actions where necessary
- Supports the oversight of cross border adherence to Third Party Administrator & Vendor quality, due diligence and performance management structures
- Oversees adherence to plans.
- Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Provides ownership of specific areas and initiatives as required by line management.
- Maintaining and improving Business Unit claims governance strategic framework includes:
- Compliance with the Zurich Claims and Risk Policies
- Preparing and coordinating claims reporting (to include for Large Loss, QA, Third Party Administrator performance, Vendor performance...)
- Ensure the appropriate Authority delegation is in place
- Aggregation and facilitation of local risk profiling as required
- Preparing and co-ordinating papers for Legal Entity Boards and other committees (e.g. Risk & Audit Committees).
- Works towards and delivers both personal and claims business objectives, in line with the Zurich Global Claims Scorecard, supporting the delivery, accuracy and timely reporting on the following key objectives: Financial Effectiveness, Operational Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction & Compliance
Additional Job Functions
- May act in partnership within the local Business Units to provide tactical and targeted advice and leadership in governance related matters.
- May be responsible for providing effective support to the leadership team in preparing for and managing regulator activity.
- May be required to deputize for line manager or colleagues in specific tasks and meetings as required.
- May contribute to technical training development within respective area of expertise.
- May collaborate with other business areas in support of cross functional initiatives.
- Participate in leadership team meetings of assigned area to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives taking into account local, regulatory and legal frameworks.
- Establish relationships with colleagues across multiple functions to be able to keep them informed of relevant issues based on individual´s claims specialism, providing advice to help develop claims policies that align with the organisation´s strategy.
- Direct the production of appropriate management reporting for both internal and external customers to deliver transparency of claims performance against business goals.
- Develop, propose and, where appropriate, lead the implementation of technical initiatives to improve processes, develop policies and generate innovation. Consult with leaders and executives to improve business effectiveness and support a customer centric claims service that reflects the specific needs of the organisation´s varied markets, diverse customer base and geographic distribution.
- Conduct core analyses based on research and modelling to understand and quantify the risks associated with proposed policies, regulatory change or other external factors (e.g. environmental, political, economic).
- Analyse and review complex data from multiple sources to make informed, authoritative technical/professional recommendations in order to improve business performance in the medium and longer term.
- Develop processes and review policies relevant to functional/business specialism in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Coach and provide technical advice and counsel within and outside operating unit.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and Expert Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working internationally would be an advantage.
- Multi line and multi-jurisdictional experience
- Coverage/extra contractual litigation experience with experience in insurance industry
- Possesses a high and extensive level of legal analysis and knowledge of product and industry
- Highly numerate and analytical thinker
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and complaints
- Pro-active and innovative approach
- Astuteness and commercially aware
- Highly discrete with confidential information
- Able to present information and arguments in a clear and compelling way
- Fluent in written and spoken English, any other language big benefit
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and decision making skills
- Travel: 10% - 20%
- Working from Home: 50 – 100% for remainder of 2020
- 2021 will be determined at a later date
Primary work location is Ballsbridge, Dublin. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Sarah-Jane Phelan is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand. Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.