Hagerty Consulting ([...] is one of the nation’s leading emergency management and homeland security consulting firms. Known for its public spirit, innovative thinking, problem solving, and exceptional people, Hagerty is sought after to work on some of the largest, most complex, crisis and emergency management issues. Our services are focused on creating more resilient/sustainable jurisdictions, developing whole community operational plans, supporting recovery eligibility after disasters, and supporting our clients to obtain billion-dollar federal grants and loans to support their recovery.
Do you want to help communities recover from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty is currently recruiting for professionals to support these important disaster recovery programs. As a Public Assistance (PA) professional, your responsibilities will include participating in and/or leading project initiatives for federal, state, and/or local clients related to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) PA Program. Duties may include, but are not limited to program management, development of federal grant applications, capabilities assessments, gap analyses, project worksheet (PW) formulation, and the review of plans, documents, manuals, policies, and procedures.
In this role, candidates must have:
- At least two years of experience in:
- Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Cost Estimating
- Environmental and Historic Preservation
- Section 406 Mitigation
- Section 428 Public Assistance Alternative Procedures
- Project Management/Applicant Relations
- Hazard Mitigation
- Grants Management
- Experience developing damage estimates, scopes of work, and cost estimates for FEMA PWs.
- An understanding of, and experience with, FEMA’s New PA Delivery Model, Grants Manager, and Grants Portal.
- Experience working for FEMA, grantees, or subgrantees to implement FEMA’s PA Program.
- Experience working with or managing a team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- A bachelor’s degree or at least an additional 4 years of relevant experience.
- All applicants should be prepared to submit a writing sample.
You might also have:
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, with universities, and/or with the private sector.
- Experience managing projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables to a client.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain client/professional relationships and partnerships.
- A master’s degree pertinent to disaster recovery, such as a degree in accounting, finance, engineering, public administration, business administration, or similar field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled