Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s Risk & Platforms organization is responsible for developing a unified data-driven approach for oversight of all risk disciplines, including compliance, across the company to help ensure PayPal meets its regulatory and business objectives. Through our Global Entity Management (GEM) team, we help ensure that each of our international legal entities, through which we run our business, has the appropriate leadership, staffing, board and committee structure, and oversight programs. PayPal’s Risk & Platforms organization is also responsible for fulfilling PayPal’s commitment to combat money laundering, terrorism financing, and related financial crimes around the world, as well as ensuring a safe and secure work environment to protect PayPal’s people, property, and assets.
The role of Sr Manager, Risk & Compliance Oversight, Hong Kong is responsible for supporting the Head of Risk & Compliance, Hong Kong to:-
- Manage and build solid and positive regulatory relationships with key regulators such as HKMA (HK Monetary Authority)
- Oversee the day-to-day risk and compliance controls for the Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korean markets
- Provide subject matter expertise to Risk & Platforms Leadership, key stakeholders and the Business in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, managing and reporting risk and compliance
- Provide objective, independent risk and compliance assessments and recommendations
- Manage regulatory relationships with key regulators
- Prepare and present regular risk and compliance updates to the Board and other authorized committees and/or working groups
- Work with Risk & Platforms teammates to operationalize policies and guidelines
- Strive to deliver exceptional and responsive service by providing risk and compliance management expertise in a clear, solution oriented and customer-focused manner
- Ensure regulatory requirements are understood and complied with within Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea growth initiatives and new products
- Partner with Legal and Government Relations to stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations and recommend appropriate changes to ensure that operations adapt to comply with these changes
- Support maintenance of risks in line with risk taxonomy, framework and assessment process
- Support first line in prioritization of risk mitigation
- Supporting management and operations with problem solving on regulatory matters
- Support risk assessments, identify improvements required in the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Program and drive implementation
- Partner with PayPal compliance training initiatives to ensure Hong Kong employees and management are adequately trained and adept in implementing laws and regulations
- At least of 12-15 years of experience in a regulated financial institution in Hong Kong
- Knowledge of global financial institutions, money service business, and/or banking compliance, including significant knowledge of anti-money laundering, data protection, anti-corruption/Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and consumer protection regulations in Hong Kong
- Experience with Hong Kong regulators and the regulatory exam process, ideally for both banking and non-bank financial institutions
- Law degree preferred
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions that reside outside Hong Kong
- Experience preparing Board documents
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.