At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The SR R&D/Product Development Engineer will report to the Product Design & Simulation Team Manager, Energy and will be a member of the Product Design & Simulation Engineering team, responsible for New Product Development and sustaining engineering support for the existing products and will be leading a team of product development engineers.
• Manage product design with responsibility for a wide variety of product development and sustaining activities for Energy Business Unit.
• Develop new products and engineering support for sustaining activities for TE Energy products for LV, MV & HV applications using polymeric, insulating and metallic materials.
• Provide technical direction and guidance to product design & development engineers including clarification of product requirements, detailed product design reviews & testing/validation, etc.
• Assist Energy’s global engineering teams with New Product Developments across a range of projects and executing on cost optimization/reduction (VA/VE) opportunities for the business.
• Empower team to grow and achieve results through supported development and coaching.
• Reverse Engineering competitor products
• Be a strong technical partner and provide support to Product management teams.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree
• 10+ years engineering related product development experience
• Experience in new product development.
• Experience in design of plastic/rubber and metal parts.
• Experience in VA/VE process.
• Experience in reverse engineering an advantage.
• Proven ability to execute on engineering deliverables and supervise a mechanical engineering team to successfully deliver on commitments to the business and customers
• Strong customer service mindset and mentality of delivering quality products and services on time and within company cost and profitability objectives.
• Fluent communication skills facilitating collaboration with own team, customers, internal business leaders and technology leaders to create value.
• Individual must be self-motivated and require minimum supervision, have strong planning skills and be able to deal with and balance multiple competing priorities
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.