• Responsible for high speed cable assembly product sustaining &development, which are used for data communication or Hyperscale computer.
• Work closely with customer/sales/PM in getting the right and clear VOC (voice of customer), make engineering evaluation/proposal to customer.
• Maintain a System level understanding of customer application and the cable design/concept necessary for providing a solution to the customers’ expectation.
• Design high performance cables utilizing company established formulas, materials and techniques.
• Follow LEANPD Project Process to support project team from PDE perspective to complete Project (NPI or Sustaining) on time, quality and budget. Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained.
• Technical support to customer, sales, PM, plant. Conduct necessary test, engineering analysis.
• Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality, and cost objectives
• Bachelor degree (Mechanical) required and Master is preferred
• Capable of using Design Software (For Example: Pro/E, CREO, AutoCAD. etc.)
• Familiar MS office software (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, etc)
• Basic knowledge in manufacturing process (machining, molding, stamping, plating, cable, etc.)
• This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently.
• A working knowledge of transmission line signal integrity concepts is necessary to provide the basis and tools in completing required tasks.
• Experiences of high-speed cable design, including materials, performance characteristics, safety standards, and typical customer requirements.
• Knowledge in material (metal/plastic) properties and industry standards.
• 5 years of related experience.
• Product development for datacenter or communication market will be a plus.
• Familiarity with quality tools (FMEA, 6sigma, DOE, 8D…) will be a plus.