Purpose of the Role
Software Developer roles are key in the company while it is moving to be a technology leader. Into the Global Media Supply Chain organization, a software developer is important to help the company with the technical support to achieve the new challenges and objectives that itself and the business are setting. A software developer is in charge of creating software solutions to facilitate the company’s operations and services work and the business growth.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Develop software solutions that allow accomplish with the business needs 45%
2. Investigate new software products and detect possible applications for the current services provided by the area 5%
3. Collaborate with team members and clients in the evaluation and estimation of new developments 20%
4. Identify opportunities to improve the processes and technologies of the work team 10%
5. Actively participate in interdisciplinary meetings to analyse and estimate projects. 15%
6. - Look for new opportunities that allow to provide innovative software solutions to the business 5%
Areas of Accountability
Where applicable, provide information about the size of the organization managed, operating budget, revenue responsibility, number of employees, geographical scope, strategic impact (extent to which this role has control over the plan/strategy/priorities of his/her department and/or function) or other quantitative data pertinent to this position.
Job Requirements / Skills
1. Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Systems, Engineering or related careers.
2. Years of experience: Minimum 3 years occupying similar roles.
4. Ability to explore, investigate and acquire new knowledgement.
5. Ability to have a proactive and collaborative spirit, with teamwork skills and experience in integrating multidisciplinary work teams.
6. Fluent in English language with advanced/intermediate level
1. Experience in Scripting (PHP, Perl, Phyton), Linux, Oracle, Java, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, Tomcat, Json, IntelliJ, Jenkins, CI/CD, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Google), Mobile (Xamarin, Unity).
2. General knowledge of or previous work experience and / or participation in projects related to the media industry
Competency assessment (on-the-job behaviours)
1) Business Acumen: apply general knowledge of business principles to decisions
2) Communication: effectively transfers information and expresses ideas to individuals or groups in oral and written form
3) Creativity: applies original or innovative thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products, or services
4) Critical Thinking: uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
5) Customer Orientation: Considers and meets internal and external clients’ or customers’ needs and expectations during product or service development, manufacturing, marketing, delivery, and/or support
6) Integrity: Actions reflect values and principles that distinguish right from wrong
7) Learning Agility: Rapidly learns new knowledge or acquires new skills
8) Prioritization: Self-directs one’s own activities and work through goal setting, time management, planning, etc.
9) Problem Solving: Identifies problems, develops and evaluates options, and implements solutions
10) Team Work: Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers
Verbal and Written Communication
Ethics and Integrity