At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Coordinates and directs the daily activities of the work area. Performs the same responsibilities as members of the team, and in addition provides work leadership to the work area by assisting team members in meeting production goals. Diagnoses problems, interprets drawings and work instructions. Assists Process Engineering in document preparation and root cause analysis of issues involving high level assemblies. Ensures appropriate training takes place for all team members.
Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals. Performs advanced functions as part of training and development, and serves as a resource to others in the resolution of more complex problems and issues. Errors can cause significant delay, expense and disruption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates and directs the day-to-day activities of the work area. Prepares work area for daily production runs and ensures parts and materials are available for production. Ensures production schedule is being followed, monitors production and escalates production issues as necessary. Prepares manufacturing production reports as required. Ensures 5S +1 is practiced in the cell. Performs same duties as members of the team, and simultaneously provides work leadership to work area by assisting team members to meet production goals. Trains team members on workstations within the work area and coordinates training (team skill training, reporting, and OJT). Regular and consistent attendance is required. Individual is required to stand up to 100% of the time. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of up to 50 lbs. occasionally is required, as is twisting and bending. Individual must be able to work overtime as required, must be able to respond to conflicting deadlines, changing priorities, and continuous interruptions. (Percent of time spent on activity - 45%)
· Covers for other team members when absences occur. Provides information and coordinates action plans at cross-functional meetings and communications issues with team members and/or visitors to drive corrective actions. Provides information to Facilitator on team members’ performance. Resolves conflict within work area and escalates issues within Manufacturing and to appropriate support groups. (Percent of time spent on activity - 25%)
· Reviews employee attendance records. Monitors, edits and may sign off employee timecards with Facilitator approval. Reviews and recommends to the Facilitator the approval or denial of vacation and personal time requests, based on knowledge of work area manpower needs, with final approval being reserved for the Facilitator. (Percent of time spent on activity - 10%)
· Recruits, trains, and monitors the performance of Manufacturing Technicians. (Percent of time spent on activity - 10%)
· Ensures that employees follow safety and ESD practices. Interfaces with other personnel and customers to acquire information and correct recurring failures. (Percent of time spent on activity - 5%)
· Performs other related duties as assigned. (Percent of time spent on activity - 5%)
· Knowledge of electronics component identification, proper handling, packaging media and placement techniques is required.
· Ability to read and understand assembly drawings and schematics is required.
· Jabil QC certification is required within three months of attaining this position.
· Basic understanding of pneumatic assembly drawings is preferred but not required.
· Basic electricity and plumbing knowledge is preferred but not required.
· Solder skills are preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· ORGANIIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· INFORM: Able to keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· QUESTION: Able to use effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information; Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased; Able to challenge assumptions
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· MAINTAIN COMPOSURE: Able to stay calm and even-tempered when handling a crisis or stressful situations; Able to recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations or adverse conditions
· MANAGE CHANGE: Able to make a point to understand the change; Able to promote the benefits of change and develop systems and procedures to effectively implement change; Able to consider the business and human impact of change
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· ADAPT: Able to maintain effectiveness by changing personal behavior and work routines / habits in response to new circumstances and requirements
· DO WHATEVER IT TAKES: Able to maintain perseverance in the face of obstacles; Able to take charge, know what is needed or find out, and move forward; Able to stand up for ideas in the face of resistance; Able to work with others to expand on ideas
· BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions
· BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· BE INNOVATIVE/CREATIVE: Able to examine the status quo and consistently look for better ways of doing things; Able to recommend changes based on analyzed needs; Able to develop proper solutions and identify opportunities
· BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or equivalent education AND technical school certificate OR equivalent education and training required.
· Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in area of specialization required.
· Advanced reading, writing and math skills required (i.e., 12th grade level).
· Advanced PC skills (i.e., keyboarding skills, function key usage, advanced mouse usage, opening, closing, moving, and deleting programs, folders and files using MS Windows), and demonstrated proficiency in applicable Jabil software packages required.
· Individual’s main work station is located in the manufacturing area.
· The noise level in the work area is normally low to moderate.
· The individual may be exposed to machinery with moving parts and high temperature surfaces.
· Some exposure to low dust/dirt and chemical fumes may be expected.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.