Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity.
This role is responsible for the management of some of our largest and most Strategic Partners. The role is responsible for shaping and executing the business strategy on how AWS teams work with technology partners across multiple business verticals in helping customers adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on-premise workloads to the cloud. This individual will hire and develop industry’s best partner development managers, across partners on solution selling, setting and driving strategy and goals, as well as how to continuously learn complex new technologies & how they translate to business results.
The successful candidate must be a proven leader , and will draw upon experience in technical leadership, go-to-market solution positioning, pre-sales, professional services and working in both a direct and matrix operating structure. The individual must have deep experience in managing people with technical teams and working with technology partners & system integrators. The individual must have deep experience in managing large Strategic partners that span multiple verticals.
Role and Responsibilities (Not limited to):
· Manage a partner development target across a broad set of AWS Partner Network (APN) partners
· Represent AWS and participate in industry and partner events to deliver thought leadership on how AWS builds and enables partners.
· Own the development and execution of the partner enablement and development strategy across partners with the solution architect management team leaders, and partner success team leaders
· As the voice of the partner, engage with AWS partner teams to support the growth of partners.
· Manage and develop multiple c-level relationships across a wide range of key partners within Strategic partners and establish the partner technical partner team as the single point of contact for enablement activities globally.
· Drive efficiencies and operation improvements across the partner management function and be an active voice for change and improvement.
· Manage the operational cadence of technical business reviews (Monthly, Quarterly) with Strategic partners
· Work with cross functional teams to create and execute a strategic business plan, inclusive of technical enablement, business model development, and marketing and sales initiatives on solutions that meet the customer needs with measurable ROI
· Drive partner sales revenue through regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with partners to manage progress against the strategic business plan
· Engage each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
· Evangelizing a partner’s value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers.
· Driving partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
· Establishing AWS as the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform
· Understand the technical requirements of each partner BU/LoB and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of partner product offerings
· Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders
· Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms
· Serve as a leader helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy with the partner globally