Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical Sr. Manager to coach and develop technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects (SA) in Brazil. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud SAs by partnering and coaching them on solution selling, speaking skills, creating and presenting architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you are ready to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring managers for our Solutions Architecture team.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as effective in developing solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning about new technology in order to inspire your team to help customers embrace and adopt the cloud. You will provide thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value cloud creates for our customers. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services, sales, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team with executive management.
Inspire others. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on challenges that create impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts to help a diverse set of customers tackle challenging problems.
Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. You will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or in a similar role. You will enjoy keeping your technical skills honed and developing new ones, and contribute to architecture discussions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
· In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
· Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
· 2+ year’s management of technical, enterprise customer facing resources.
· 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
· 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
· 5+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, math or related field.