Job Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As an architect on the Platform Notification Team, you can help provide meaningful direction to our Notification features as we continue to grow and scale. The notifications team is a high-visibility arena where technical leadership is sought and recognized.
What you get to do in this role:
- Listen – validate – guide. We’re seeking a strong team player that is lockstep with our product teams and can endorse & recommend solutions that positively impact our customers.
- You are a strong facilitator that unblocks the dev teams. How can we get this faster? What’s the pattern we’re missing? How can we improve the design?
- Deliver clear and actionable recommendations based on thoughtful research and proof of concepts
- Provide mentorship to the engineering teams with knowledge-sharing
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over15+ years of experience designing and building scalable, reusable products/components
- Previous roles serving as a software architecture
- Passion for software development, debugging, and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- Advanced- Expert level understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software. Particular emphasis on Java
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid knowledge of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- In-depth understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline