The bank of tomorrow:
Here at BNP Paribas, we are one of Europe’s leading banks with a global scope. In order to achieve this goal, in a joint initiative by the Risk, Business, Finance departments, as well as the Chief Data Office, a transversal long-term programme was set up. Having a cross-functional and cross-border scope, this dynamic and fast-moving programme has a great impact within the bank and is extremely challenging to work in.
BNP Paribas Fortis is looking for an intern to support the Finance department in this project and to be able to meet the challenging requirements regarding reporting standards in an internationally active bank. You will become part of the Finance Data Management Office. Your role will be directly linked to the programme manager within the Finance department. This will give you insights into financial reporting, data management, regulatory requirements from the ECB, project management and process management. You will have high level exposure to different stakeholders of this strategically crucial project, including the different departments within the bank, but also gain a better view on the communication towards the ECB and national supervisor.
The position involves implementing tools for monitoring and improving data quality in the Finance department and answering to regulatory requirements. Furthermore, you will get insight into various topics such as CSR, ESG, GDPR, Basel IV, IFRS 9, BCBS239, capital liquidity, Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, automation, etc.
· You are a master student in Economics, Finance or (Business) Engineering
· Language requirements: very good writing and communication skills in English and Dutch & French
· You have affinity with Finance, Risk, Banking and Data Management
· You want to gain more insight in the processes and systems required for financial reporting (e.g. capital and liquidity requirements)
· You like to meet a lot of people within and outside Finance
· You are flexible and driven to go the extra mile in a complex environment
· You are very accurate
· You want to develop different skills like project management, process management, communication and analytical skills
· You can come up with creative solutions for different type of problems
Why is this internship for you?
If you are interested in this challenge:
After a first assessment of your experience, we will contact you for further steps.
Primary Location: BE-BRU-Brussels
Job Type: Internship
Job: TEMPORARY STATUS