Upwork is the largest freelance website in the world. We are creating a world of work without limits; we connect businesses with talented professionals in order to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
We are looking for Fraud Strategy Manager to help us fight organized fraud rings and minimize financial losses, while ensuring the best possible customer experience for our good users.
If you have reviewed existing fraud programs and created new fraud programs, including designing KPIs and leading a Quality Assurance team, we want to talk to you!
- Fraud Detection: You will collaborate with Data Analytics and Engineering to ensure appropriate rule-sets and models are built to accurately identify high risk behavior on our platform; Engage vendors when needed.
- Investigation Accuracy: You will be responsible for our QA program. You will set up training, policies and processes to ensure our fraud investigators are taking action on the right users.
- KPI Management: You will design the team's KPIs and perform root cause analysis on drivers.
- Team Management: You will manage a team of 2 QA agents, 1 QA Lead, 1 Trainer and 1 Senior Investigator. You will also work closely with the Operations Manager who is leading a team of 15 Fraud Investigators
- Cross-Functional Partnership: You will collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure trust and safety of our customers.
- 5+ years of work experience in Strategy.
- 1+ year of work experience in identity, risk, trust, or fraud at a tech company.
- 3+ years of people and team management experience.
- You have strong analytical thought process and approach to problem-solving.
- You easily provide empathy for consumers who depend on our product.
- You focus on team culture and people development.
- You must be able to work in US Pacific time zone; 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
How to really knock our socks off!
- Cross-functional project management experience.
- Remote team management experience.
- Statistics or other STEM educational background.
- Experience working with a start-up and/or a tech company.
- Exceptional company culture; #oneupwork
- You can work from home, anywhere, remote.
- This is a long-term, ongoing role. Stable opportunity with a growing and successful company!