Job ID: 250119
Work Type: Regular
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Mosaic Transit Constructors (Mosaic) - a consortium comprised of Aecon, Dragados, and Dufferin – is partnering with Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to design, build and maintain the transformative Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in the City of Toronto.
Position: Superintendent Concrete & Track
Reports to: Trackwork Construction Manager
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Trackwork Manager, the Concrete Superintendent provides overall technical expertise and leadership for the urban transit system trackwork construction. A Concrete Superintendent oversees and manages all phases of all ballastless track construction activities on a daily basis, including coordination of workers, materials and equipment, sub-contractor/s supervision, ensuring that specifications are being followed and that work is completed safely, on schedule and within budget.
• Contribute to the development of a construction plan and means and methods for each activity.
• Supervise the execution of concrete track slab installation and coordinate trackwork construction schedule in conjunction with the station/stops/civils/guideway schedules.
• Ensure the work is performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
• Provide training, instruction and supervision on embedded track, embedded special trackwork construction and median works.
• Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed, and project is executed effectively and within budget.
• Analyze and review project technical documents as delivered by engineering firms to ensure that terms of reference are respected and that proposed technical solutions are competitive.
• Assure construction compliance with design requirements.
• Provide technical direction to work crews as needed.
• Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards.
• Ensure work is performed to applicable quality assurance/quality control standards and according to drawings and specifications.
• Assure compliance with the project construction schedule budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of project systems.
• Promote and monitor compliance with the project safety program and environmental protection requirements in co-operation with the Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinators.
• Complete daily reports and weekly reports showing progresses made and resources used and take any proper actions to ensure we meet our targets.
• Monitor costs and ensure that established budgets are fully abided for the project.
• Monitor different activities schedules and coordinate sub-contractors’ work and suppliers’ deliveries and equipment needs, taking appropriate action as necessary.
• Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
• Participate in meetings with client, subcontracted engineering firms, suppliers, operators and the project owner.
• Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
• Provide leadership and ensure proper implementation of Health and Safety and risk prevention programs.
• Ten (10) years of urban concrete work with tight tolerances required.
• Five (5) urban transit system trackwork construction experience recommended.
• Must have in depth knowledge of concrete construction
• Ten (10) years of demonstrated experience applying knowledge of basic project controls, material management, contract management, subcontract management.
• A construction engineering related degree/diploma and a minimum of 10 years heavy civil construction experience is recommended.
• Ability to allocate and direct daily labour and equipment activities.
• Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
Working Conditions/ Physical Effort:
• Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Lots of physical activities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to work on leading-edge infrastructure projects.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.