Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Provide planning and direction to the Site Services area, optimizing the process in providing site and electrical maintenance services the most cost-effective manner to support the manufacture of pulp and newsprint and maintain alignment of the Site Services group with the principles and objectives defined on the Results Management Framework.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
· Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
· Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
· Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
· Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
· Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged engineering team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
· Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
· Provide technical direction to operating supervisors, conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers where coordination is important.
· Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
· Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
· Report to Superintendent, Maintenance Reliability.
· Participate in short term planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken.
· Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates, technical studies, unusual trouble analysis, etc.
· Ensure that internal procedures and controls are maintained for engineering, construction and maintenance activities that conform to sound financial consideration and reliable documentation for future maintenance and operating plans.
· Provide training recommendations to the Superintendent, Maintenance Reliability.
· Ensure the proper maintenance of engineering files, equipment and procedures.
· Advise and recommend changes or opportunities to operating costs.
· Report and explain deviations from planned activities.
· Recommend changes/improvements to the maintenance
management system and standards to the Mechanical Superintendent.
· Perform weekend duty as required.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
· Education: University Degree in Engineering; College diploma may be considered.
· Experience: 3-5 years leading engineers and technologists in an industrial setting.
· Bilingual: An asset