Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Provide planning and direction to the Site Services area, optimizing the process in providing site and electrical maintenance services the most cost-effective manner to maximize the Sawmill productivity and efficiency and maintain alignment of the Reliability Group with the principles and objectives defined on the Results Management Framework.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged mechanical maintenance team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities
- Report to Superintendent - Maintenance.
- Support and maintain an effective predictive and preventative mechanical maintenance program.
- Plan and record maintenance activities by using the site maintenance management system.
- Monitor the spare part inventories and keep equipment files up-to-date.
- Report on the status of mechanical work at the weekly priority meeting.
- Proactively develop planning methodologies which take full advantages of the repetitive nature of maintenance work.
- Review production, quality control, maintenance, down time and statistical reports and work orders to optimally plan own activities.
- Manage minimum and maximum inventories and reduce overstock
- Provide training recommendations to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Maintain and effectively keep all mechanical equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Report and explain deviations from planned activities.
- Recommend changes/improvements to the maintenance
management system and standards to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Shift employees (1 stores employee and up to 12 shift employees)
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma or equivalent work experience; Mechanical Engineering an asset.
- Experience: 7 years in a related field or 3 years with a Mechanical Engineering Degree is preferred.
- Bilingual: An asset