FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, a global leader in chemical solutions for the semiconductor manufacturing industry, has an exciting opportunity at our North Kingstown, RI facility for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer. The successful candidate will be the owner of Supplier Quality in support of our various product lines. They will be working with others to transform, educate and drive substantial supplier performance improvement throughout the supply base.
- Owns supplier quality, leads sub-teams and supplier meetings in supplier risk management, supplier deep-dive process control, ship-to-control, gap analysis and closure.
- Experience working with Suppliers to drive Supplier Quality Performance.
- Analyze and rationalize product and supplier specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Works with the Business Unit, Quality and Operations to set and drive supplier quality improvement strategies, including pre-ship sampling, inventory management, and technical problem solving.
- Ownership in resolving all quality issues associated with the assigned suppliers. Ensure all assigned supplier related material quality issues are effectively communicated to key stakeholders
- Identify and team-up with other cross-functional groups to plan and execute recommended supplier quality improvements and qualifications.
- Leads supplier quality performance improvement strategies using statistical treatment of data, process capability, trend analysis and applying project management techniques to improve supplier quality.
- Assess supplier process capability in correlation with new product development, initial supplier selection, ship-to-control and spec improvements.
- Work with suppliers to develop robust supplier root cause analysis, corrective action plans, containment plans and ensure execution for on-time implementation of planned activities.
- Support, develop and execute an annual supplier audit schedule to ensure suppliers have robust quality systems, compliant to all applicable standards.
- Leads the review and disposition of supplier related nonconforming material reports as required.
- Leads supplier structured trainings in key areas involving MOC, process changes, ship-to-control, etc.
- Interact with Quality Manager(s) to align customer requirements in order to improve quality with suppliers.
- Leads supplier quality problem solving and serves as a supplier quality assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain consistent supplier metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring systems effectiveness.
- Owner of Supplier Quarterly Quality Meetings of assigned suppliers, presents Supplier Quality updates at strategic business review updates and works with other SQE’s to align on policy/procedures and standardization.
- Dotted-line to Quality Manager(s); All other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Must have experience working directly with Suppliers on Supplier Quality Management.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with specialization in Quality Systems and Statistics.
- Must have a minimum of 3 plus years of experience in a quality engineering function (semiconductor industry preferred).
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written/presentations) at all levels.
- A good working knowledge of statistics and applicable quality methodologies is required (e.g., Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, 8D, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Must have excellent computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel and statistical software tools).
- Working knowledge of JMP statistical software is especially desirable; SAP knowledge helpful.
- Visits to other manufacturing sites, supplier and customer sites (including occasional overseas travel). Expected travel – 3 days/month.
Successful semiconductor manufacturers move quickly. They demand quality and they require leading technology. For them, partnering with the right supplier is a critical decision.
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices throughout the world and on site applications support, FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is prepared to supply the world's top tier semiconductor manufacturers.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials offers a broad array of products and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing process.
Along with our broad array of advanced products, we rely on a corps of applications engineers to work directly with customers on specific applications. Technical and applications support are backed by technical service centers. FUJIFILM's investment in technical talent and equipment ensures optimal product characterization and quality in the face of the toughest customer requirements - whether in R&D or in customer applications.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.