The Team: Fuelling the technologies that drive our products and support our company’s infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented engineers, network architects, security specialists, and IT professionals who help make technology one of Morningstar’s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating delightful user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications and software as a service delivered from our private cloud, we push technology’s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: Morningstar Europe Ltd is seeking a Employee Technology Support Analyst to work within the European Desktop Support team. You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of desktop support to approximately 650 users in our 13 EMEA offices. This position will be in our Madrid office.
Candidates should be trustworthy and able to work independently, managing their time and priorities. Additionally they must be strong team players who are able to work closely with other support team members. As a desktop support analyst, you should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent proven troubleshooting skills. You should also possess a highly proactive “can-do” attitude and be able to manage multiple demands and tight deadlines.
We would prefer applications from people who are qualified at least to an IT related degree level. The role would ideally suit someone with minimum of 2 years 2nd line desktop support experience in a global environment of at least 500 employees.
• Incident management – diagnose, resolve and close incidents. Desktop support may be provided in person or remotely.
• Work to identify opportunities to improve or enhance support activities.
• Provide first class customer service to Morningstar’s employees.
• Resolve and own technical problems until resolution.
• Escalate to management/senior engineers as required.
• Support of desktop environments (Windows and macOS), mobile devices and core applications.
• Imaging and installation of workstations.
• Maintain asset management database.
• Collaborate with more experienced technicians to solve complex computer and network connectivity problems.
• Serves as a technical resource on projects as required.
• Develop process and support documentation.
• Provide training, guidance and technical assistance where necessary to other technical support staff.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience of the following:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Experience of supporting and using Windows 10 Enterprise, MacOS, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
• Have a flexible attitude to meet tight deadlines.
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/O365 administration
• FTP account administration and troubleshooting
• ITIL Foundation v3 Certificate in IT Service Management
• iOS and Android Handset Support
• RSA SecurID software tokens or equivalent
• Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Experience using JAMF Pro would be an advantage.
• FTP account administration
Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and that a reasonable accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise us of how we might be able to support your participation.
301_MstarEurLtd Morningstar Europe Ltd (UK) Legal Entity