At Jacobs, technical expertise and effective contract management are both crucial to the success of our projects and the strong relationships we have with our clients. The Senior Commissioning Support Engineer provides technical and contract administration expertise while also providing the leadership necessary to effectively progress highly complex and challenging issues. The role entails independently performing a variety of technical, analytical, management and contract administration work during the Commissioning phase of a large commuter rail infrastructure project and through the transition into Revenue Service. We are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of Commissioning fundamentals, contract management strategies, relevant industry practices, and third-party interfaces. Knowledge of Systems engineering, Revenue Vehicles and the P3 Substantial Completion process would also be an asset.
Based in Toronto, you’ll have the chance to use your experience and expertise managing and executing P3 transit contracts through Substantial Completion to provide technical and strategic recommendations and guidance to the client. The Senior Commissioning Manager is directly responsible for managing interfaces across multiple organizations and teams, providing relevant expertise, and generally supporting Project Directors in the delivery of the Project. In this position you’ll own your career as you work on some of the most innovative projects of our time.
• Ability to independently apply advanced analytical techniques to problems related to P3 contract administration during the Commissioning, Substantial Completion, and Revenue Service.
• Proven capacity to deeply understand and analyze complex issues and to effectively articulate those issues to senior client representatives in a clear and concise fashion both verbally and in written form.
• Provide technical and contract administration recommendations and guidance to the project controls team, Technical Advisor, and the client.
• Works very closely with the scheduling team to compare actual progress and logic to the P6 schedule.
• Represent the client at multiple projects working groups.
• Review, monitor and track relevant submittals including:
• Commissioning plans, procedures, reports, and manuals.
• Evidence in support of new third party infrastructure Commissioning and completion.
• Plans, strategies, supporting documentation, and evidence related to the Substantial Completion process.
• Monitoring the progress of Commissioning, handover of new third party infrastructure, and Substantial Completion to be aware of emerging issues and able to identify and characterize risks including quantification and strategies for mitigation.
• Audit and review work to confirm conformance with the Project Agreement, good industry practice, and applicable standards.
• Monitor and track outstanding work and deficiencies and ensure resolution prior to Final Completion.
• Assisting client in interpretation of Project Agreement
• Keep senior management and others routinely informed of project status and all developments that can impact project cost, schedule, safety, and reputation through regular reports.
• Proactive stakeholder management.
You’ll Also Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and a P. Eng designation.
• 15 years or more of progressive commissioning and/or contract administration experience on a rail or transportation infrastructure project.
• In depth understanding of technical, contractual, and commercial fundamentals on major projects.
• Previous experience administering large civil construction contracts.
• Experience liaising with clients, contractors, and consultants.
• Transit/transportation project experience.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
• A Master's in Business Administration would be an asset.
• A PMP designation would also be an asset.
• A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project or P6 would be an asset.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CA Toronto - Bay Street
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2021, 4:22:04 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced