Our client is a large Engineering Company with operations in several Malaysia, Singapore, Middle-East and African countries and with many global MNCs as its clients.
The company plans to hire a Senior Desktop/Remote Tech Support Engineer for its offshore office in Gurgaon. The recruited candidate will be responsible for Installation and configuration of servers, desktops and network devices and for providing on-premises and remote support to business users located across several geographies.
- Install, configure and administer Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Vista, Win 7/8/10 and Linux
- Administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Local Area network (LAN) for optimal performance with minimum downtime.
- Installing and troubleshooting SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Supporting Production, Development and Test environments to ensure 24x7 availability of information systems to business and the customers with optimal performance and robust security
- Implementing security using Group Policy objects.
- Software installation and troubleshooting related to MS-Office 2003/2007/2013, Outllok with patch, Trend Micro/McAfee Antivirus and Symantec Endpoint
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Branded & Assembled Desktop PCs, printers & scanners
- Maintaining details of hardware assets with their Licenses, Warranty, AMC and configuration details
- Ensuring incident ticket requests are closed on time and with high client satisfaction
- Providing Level 1 support for Audio/Video Conference infrastructure
- Troubleshooting Wi-fi, Internet and Intranet problems.
- Periodic service review and monitoring of defined SLAs and follow up on outstanding incidents.
- SSL certificate administration for Websites and internal services.
- Performing routine preventive maintenance and backup functions viz. backup, restoration and file server maintenance.
- Coordinating with the external vendors to ensure vendor level escalations are resolved within the agreed timeframe
- Supporting remote users for routing desktop related issues
- Conducting periodic Health Check of Server/Systems
- 6+ years of experience in Windows system administration. Implementing, installing and troubleshooting of web servers, mail servers, DNS servers & database servers with similar offshore support center.
- Expertise in Windows server 2003/2008, IIS, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NT backup software administration, Symantec etc.
- Proficiency in web Server Administration, Web Hosting Operations, Hosting control panels (Plesk and DNP), SSL installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of installation/configuration of Hyper-V Cloud and Cluster Management will be a plus
- Good understanding of Network and System Security
- Experience on third party scheduling and monitoring tools will be a plus
- Exposure to ITIL methodology for service management is preferable
- Relevant certifications in Windows Administration, Networking (CISCO) and ITIL will be an advantage